Problem with referenced lists

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here

Problem with referenced lists

Post by avatar69 »

Hi Aware Team!

I am using the trial version of 466 in MacOSX.

I have the following business objects:

"Supplier"
"Country"
"SupplyCategory"

Country and SupplyCategory are referenced into Supplier - to allow me to pick from a drop-down box a country and a supply category for each supplier.

To fill out the information for a supplier the user has to go through 3 subforms through sequential navigation. Reference "country" is a drop down box on form 1, then supply category on form 2, and then the user finishes off on form 3, and presses the finish button to create the record.

Here is the problem: The 2 drop down boxes Country and SupplyCategory default to blank automatically, and the only way to get the info to be stored in the record, is to set each one, and then click finish after each one - otherwise the attribute is stored as blank.

Is this a bug, or have I done something wrong?

Many thanks,
JTU
Spirax Sarco
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

John,

if you want the value to default to some existing value in a drop-down you need to set the initial value of the attribute to the value you want to set as default. The initial value is set in the attribute dialog in the Configuration Tool.

You can also define rules to perform a more complex initialization of an attribute.

Best Regards
Aware IM Support Team

Post by avatar69 »

Dear AwareIM Team,

The problem isnt with the default attribute, I can do that easely. The problem is that once you select a value, and then move on to the next subform via the navigation (next, previous) the value you previously selected, defaults to blank. (it doesnt get stored there)

So you have to go back and re-select the attribute value again.
JTU
Spirax Sarco
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Dear John,

This is probably a bug but we cannot reproduce it in our tests. Perhaps you can send us your BSV file ([email protected]) and tell us what specifically you do to reproduce the problem.
Aware IM Support Team

Post by avatar69 »

Ok I will send it to you asap.
JTU
Spirax Sarco
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This is now fixed in build 947
Aware IM Support Team