Aware & Memory

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
denisv

Aware & Memory

Post by denisv »

I have a site using V2.2 and running as services (off MSSQL 2000).

I set the memory for all three (Aware, Tomcat amd JBoss) to 150 MB

All three show as JAVA in process monitor so I'm not sure which is which but one is currently running at 260Mb and growing. In addition users report that when they 'Create' objects, the system can appear to stall. They then are unable to complete the entry.

I have from time to time restarted Aware Service and I think the issue builds up over time. What way should the memory be if the limit is fixed at start-up.

MSSQL runs at constant 1.73Gb
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Aware IM has been thoroughly tested for memory leaks so it shouldn't be eating up memory unnecessarily. Obviously if you have more and more users concurrently using the system the amount of memory will grow (especially if you have large or infinite timeout value in which case old sessions never time out and sit in memory).

The fact that the Task Manager is reporting growing memory is not necessarily a cause of concern - this memory may be returned to the operating system later. You need to observer if the amount of memory grows steadily over a long enough period of time (provide the number of users does not change).

When you are saying that when creating an object the system appears to stall, what does it mean? Have you investigated what's happenning? Are you sure it is memory related? Does the system come back? Have you looked at what SQL server is doing at the time and which process is taking up the CPU time?
Aware IM Support Team