External DB - using DB2 JDBC driver

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
pixerp

External DB - using DB2 JDBC driver

Post by pixerp »

Hello,

I have tried defining a BO using external DB with the built-in MySQL option. It's OK, I'm able to access my sugarcrm Accounts Table on a Linux server.

Now, I'd like to use the Custom option with a JDBC driver to acces a table on my AS/400 DB2 system.

I've tested the driver with Eclipse and I can access my AS/400 DB2 without problems when I put the path/.jar file containing the driver in my Windows Classpath.

What do I have to do to get it working with AwareIM ?

Thanks.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Please check the "Defining Business Objects that Use Existing Database Tables" section in the User Guide. Here is a relevant extract:

When you select the Custom database engine you need to make sure that you have the JDBC driver that allows connections to your database from Java. JDBC drivers exist virtually for all known databases. Many database vendors include JDBC drivers as part of their database offerings. If they don’t you can almost always find a third party JDBC driver. JDBC driver is usually distributed as a file with a .jar extension. You need to make sure that the full path to this file is included into the CLASSPATH before your start Aware IM. The CLASSPATH is specified in the setEnv.bat file located in the BIN directory of your Aware IM installation (for Windows) or in the startAwareIM.sh file (for Linux and Mac OS X).

When specifying properties of the Custom connection you need to specify:
· Fully qualified name of the driver class (check documentation of your JDBC driver)
· Connection URL string (check documentation of your JDBC driver)
Aware IM Support Team
pixerp

Post by pixerp »

Thanks, I had already read and used the info from the User Manual.

The main difficulty is finding out how to define the connection URL. In other SW, there was a userid and password field.

jdbc:as400://HostName_or_IPaddress/DBName(=SysName);user=USERID;password=PWORD;prompt=no;

So, I can now try further. Thanks.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You should try to enter this connection string into Aware IM with correct user id and password. Let us know if there are any problems.
Aware IM Support Team
pixerp

Post by pixerp »

In my previous post, the URL is actually the string that works correctly with AwareIM. I had some difficultes to find the correct way of passing all the connection parameters.

Now, I can post my next questions (see other post).

Thanks.