The import of data in test works but it no longer works when we publish and the application becomes Current

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
Maxo42

The import of data in test works but it no longer works when we publish and the application becomes Current

Post by Maxo42 »

When my application is in test and I import the data, it works and I can see in my application the 28,000 records that the database represents. On the other hand, when I publish the application and it becomes current. The Records disapear. So I re-import my data the same way as in test and I get this error message when I try to view my recordings.
Capture d’écran 2023-05-03 163732.png
Capture d’écran 2023-05-03 163732.png (9.33 KiB) Viewed 16664 times
Capture d’écran 2023-05-03 164012.png
Capture d’écran 2023-05-03 164012.png (12.97 KiB) Viewed 16664 times
Capture d’écran 2023-05-03 163905.png
Capture d’écran 2023-05-03 163905.png (16.72 KiB) Viewed 16664 times
Thanks for your help.
customaware

Re: The import of data in test works but it no longer works when we publish and the application becomes Current

Post by customaware »

How do you Import?
Did you create an Import Template?
If so, did you Export your Import Template from your test machine and Import it onto your Server?
Cheers,
Mark
joben

Re: The import of data in test works but it no longer works when we publish and the application becomes Current

Post by joben »

Make sure there is no faulty or weirdly formatted data in your production database table.
You should do a "SELECT * FROM tablename" on the test database table and compare it to the production database table.

We screwed up an import once, and one row prevented the query from displaying anything. I think the conclusion was that we accidentally imported an .xlsx file (which there is no support for), and we got the same result as your error messages when trying to display the query.
Regards, Joakim

Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

yep, importing excel by accident is a PITA

https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11879
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Maxo42

Post by Maxo42 »

joben wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:58 am Make sure there is no faulty or weirdly formatted data in your production database table.
You should do a "SELECT * FROM tablename" on the test database table and compare it to the production database table.

We screwed up an import once, and one row prevented the query from displaying anything. I think the conclusion was that we accidentally imported an .xlsx file (which there is no support for), and we got the same result as your error messages when trying to display the query.
Exactly, I was no longer able to download my database, because my project had been corrupted by downloading the .xls file that I had done by mistake before downloading the .csv file. Luckily I had made a backup. So I started a new project by downloading a .csv file without having downloaded the .xls file just before and now everything works. Thank you Joben :)
lueu

Post by lueu »

Is there really no support for importing excel-files? I would like to make it possible for users to import an excel file instaed of having to punch one line after the other..