Install not running

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
denisv

Install not running

Post by denisv »

I have compiled a new BS Build under 2.2 and installed on a new site.

The installation seemed to work fine with no errors but when I start the server (as an app) nothing happens. The processes only show javaw.exe running so it seems that only one of the three Aware, Tomcat and Jboss, are running.

Is there a possibility that the other two didn't install properly - rights issue ?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

It is very unlikely that another two servers didn't install properly. Most likely there is some configuration issue on the machine. You need to provide the details.

Are you running Control Panel or Windows service? Are there any startup logs, what is the contents of logs/output window?

Please help by providing adequate information about a problem, otherwise we will not be able to help.
Aware IM Support Team
denisv

Post by denisv »

1) I compiled a build of a BS (Configured for MSSQL/MSDE)
2) In installed that on a Windows 2000 Server machine with MSDE
3) The installation ran with no errors reported and finished with the standard screen prompting for open readme file and start aware
4) I deselected Open Readme file and clicked finished
5) Nothing happened
6) I checked the Processes on the local machine - the only 'aware type' process that was running was javaw.exe
7) No further activity occurred
8) I ended the process
9) I tried to start the process using the program group start server
10) Again the same occurred, no other process but javaw.exe and no application started
11) I have not gotten to the stage of setting up the servers
12) I want to get to the control panel but it does not appear, I will check is it managing to create a log file.
denisv

Post by denisv »

There are no log files as the app itself does not appear to run.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Can you kill the javaw process, open the Command prompt window, go to AwareIM/bin directory and run startAwareIM.bat file from the command prompt?

If it still doesn't work try to re-install.
Aware IM Support Team
denisv

Post by denisv »

I uninstalled and reinstalled the application.

The effecy was still the same, javaw.exe starts as aprocess but gets no further and no GUI appears.

It seemed to be slow installing so I monitored it and noticed a lot of anti virus activity. I uninstalled again and the client agreed to take the server off line and disable the antirus. I reinstalled and the install was quicker.

However the same is occuring.

a) Is it possible that the build has a corruption of some sort (as I said no error when building and none when installing)
b) Is there any PORT or Security settings that might be on this server that could prevent the services starting that I could enquire about. There is no entry in the server event log under any category for the time I am starting the app.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Have you tried installing the same build on any other machine? Does it work there?

We have tested run-time build again and it works fine.

We did experience the similar problem once with one of our clients - in his case his computer was infected with a virus.
Aware IM Support Team
denisv

Post by denisv »

I applied the same solution here that was used in the other forum issue about not being able to log in. That is:

a) Used new awareim.conf
b) Ensured wrapper.conf = awareim.conf content

I installed services and started at it worked, however unable to launch application itself.

Perhaps new build will sort.