Transfer Application online

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
Maxo42

Transfer Application online

Post by Maxo42 »

Hello evrybody,

I have now reached the stage of putting my application online.

I have my domain name and I have hosting with a host where I could deploy my application.

Can somebody explain to me step by step what to do to be able to make my application accessible online.

Thanks for your feedback.
hpl123

Re: Transfer Application online

Post by hpl123 »

Well, its not as easy as, do this, then that, voila, but here are some high level steps:

1. Export BSV and data from development machine AwareIM.
2. Install AwareIM and whatever else you need on your production server (i.e your hosting). Also make sure its accessible from the internet i.e a firewall isn't blocking access to it/AwareIM (test by accessing your Aware app via IP address).
3. Import BSV and data to production server AwareIM and test locally (localhost test or test via IP address from the internet).
4. Point domain to production server via DNS "A" records (domainname to IP address).
5. Troubleshoot and fix the 100 things that most likely go wrong, needs tweaking, needs configuring, needs to be learned etc. etc..
6. Go live with app.

Good luck :)
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Please do not post topics that have nothing to do with bugs - there is a separate forum for this (General Discussion).
Aware IM Support Team
customaware

Post by customaware »

Maxo42 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:51 pm Hello evrybody,

I have now reached the stage of putting my application online.

I have my domain name and I have hosting with a host where I could deploy my application.

Can somebody explain to me step by step what to do to be able to make my application accessible online.

Thanks for your feedback.
Hi Max,
Send me a PM to [email protected] and will set up a session to help you through the process
Cheers,
Mark
Maxo42

Post by Maxo42 »

hpl123 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:26 pm Well, its not as easy as, do this, then that, voila, but here are some high level steps:

2. Install AwareIM and whatever else you need on your production server (i.e your hosting). Also make sure its accessible from the internet i.e a firewall isn't blocking access to it/AwareIM (test by accessing your Aware app via IP address).
3. Import BSV and data to production server AwareIM and test locally (localhost test or test via IP address from the internet).
4. Point domain to production server via DNS "A" records (domainname to IP address).
5. Troubleshoot and fix the 100 things that most likely go wrong, needs tweaking, needs configuring, needs to be learned etc. etc..
6. Go live with app.

Hi hpl123,

I am able to fetch the BSV file for my application but I don't know how to fetch the database.

Can you tell me how please
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Maxo42 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:31 pm
hpl123 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:26 pm Well, its not as easy as, do this, then that, voila, but here are some high level steps:

6. Go live with app.

Hi hpl123,

I am able to fetch the BSV file for my application but I don't know how to fetch the database.

What you should do depends on OS, DB and DB management tool etc. so can't give you concrete tips. First of all think through if the data you have on your development machine i.e data in your application is something you really need to transfer over or if you can just recreate it. Aware handles all data etc. related to your app when you import/publish your bsv so the data you possibly need to transfer are records in the app so things like users, customers etc. etc.. If you need to transfer, google DB guides/tools on the OS you have, you have to learn this anyways as running a webapp requires at least some basic DB skills (for things like backups, fixing small things here and there etc.). Another thing you can do to transfer data is export data to CSV files and importing that in the production server app, Aware has various functions for this, but again, learning a bit about DB management is recommended and is quite easy to learn so don't sweat it. Also take a look at the tips section in the forum, if my memory serves me correctly there are some tips there on doing DB backups etc..
Maxo42

Post by Maxo42 »

hpl123 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:49 pm

6. Go live with app.

Hi hpl123,

What you should do depends on OS, DB and DB management tool etc. so can't give you concrete tips. First of all think through if the data you have on your development machine i.e data in your application is something you really need to transfer over or if you can just recreate it. Aware handles all data etc. related to your app when you import/publish your bsv so the data you possibly need to transfer are records in the app so things like users, customers etc. etc.. If you need to transfer, google DB guides/tools on the OS you have, you have to learn this anyways as running a webapp requires at least some basic DB skills (for things like backups, fixing small things here and there etc.). Another thing you can do to transfer data is export data to CSV files and importing that in the production server app, Aware has various functions for this, but again, learning a bit about DB management is recommended and is quite easy to learn so don't sweat it. Also take a look at the tips section in the forum, if my memory serves me correctly there are some tips there on doing DB backups etc..
I don't need any other data than user registrations, customer registrations etc. and when I load my new project with my BackUp BSV well there is an error message telling me that I need my database. This is my problem.
image (5).png
image (5).png (39.85 KiB) Viewed 15944 times
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Maxo42 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:09 pm
hpl123 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:49 pm

Hi hpl123,

I don't need any other data than user registrations, customer registrations etc. and when I load my new project with my BackUp BSV well there is an error message telling me that I need my database. This is my problem.

image (5).png
You can forget that message, that is related to the CRM sample application. Take a look at the initialization process in your app and remove the things related to the CRM sample data population and then do a fresh BSV import/publish.