Version 2.2 and rules

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
denisv

Version 2.2 and rules

Post by denisv »

I have a BS with 10 BO's of appointmnet type and grouped as suc. I had 6 rules associated with each one to automatically populate Start and End, Subject and some other attributes. After running this BS under 2.2 for the first time all the rules on all BO's were gone.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Are you sure? Can you send us your BSV file BEFORE rules were gone?
Aware IM Support Team
denisv

Post by denisv »

I'm sure it happened because i had it working for all the objects before upgrade.

I wonder was this actually to do with the appointmnet object and not the upgrade.

I don't want to use the required start / end fields in my system as they are tomestamp and I need only date. Also Subject is to be populated automatically. So I had all three of these off the form and being updated by rules. I noticed prior to the upgrade that when I was creating entries for some BO's, it would give an error that the Start wasn't entered even though I had a rule for it. When I checked, the rule was gone. I suspected I had just over-looked it for that BO but I am sure it happened again at a later stage even when I had corrected it.

My solution now is that I have populated the necessary fields as part of the EnterNew process and this seems to be fine. So maybe the appointment type objects do not like rules to add values to these fields when it is a New Record ?
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

It is very unlikely that the problem was caused by version 2.2 as there were no changes in rule management area. There is a couple of things you can do. First is to look in the Configuration Tool to see if the required rules are defined for the objects. If not, you need to add them.

Second, if the rules are not executed the way you expect, set the logging level to Full and look at the rule evaluation log. It should show you the values of all attributes used in the rule conditions and whether rules are executed or not after evaluation.
Aware IM Support Team