Javascript exceptions when using number format for inline editing

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
nhofkes

Javascript exceptions when using number format for inline editing

Post by nhofkes »

It seems that there may be a bug in Aware IM when using the standard decimal point format for number attributes in combination with inline editing. When the cell is edited inline, this results in various exceptions in Javascript (which are normally not visible, but you can see them when the debugger is open while testing the application).

To replicate this issue, the attached simple BSV can be used:
NumberboxInlineEditing.bsv.zip
(45.42 KiB) Downloaded 619 times
This has two BOs:
- Transaction
- Line Item (which is owned by Transaction)
A line item has the following attributes:
- Name (simple text field)
- Number (number)
- Price (also number)

The Price attribute is formatted using the standard decimal point option:
Number format.jpg
Number format.jpg (31.86 KiB) Viewed 7286 times
Start by creating a new Transaction (menu item on the left), and then adding one or more line items to that transaction. After entering some initial values, try editing the Price for the line item (using inline editing). If I test this BSV while the browser debugger is open, I get various Javascript exceptions. For example:

Javascript exception.jpg
Javascript exception.jpg (109.27 KiB) Viewed 7286 times

The same applies if the custom format of '0.00' is used (it seems that when choosing the decimal point format, this is translated to the format of x0.0x using the number of zeros specified).

These errors do not occur when the format #0.00 is used. Also, I don't think that it occurs when the Price field is edited on a form instead of inline.
My guess is that the format 0.00 is interpreted somehow as the number zero instead of the string "0.00", which results in errors when this format is subsequently used for the Kendo Numbertextbox widget in the grid.
Niels
(V9.0 build 3241 - MariaDB - Windows)