Query List not displaying any Records - Version 8.7 upgrade

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
MarkP

Query List not displaying any Records - Version 8.7 upgrade

Post by MarkP »

Hi everyone,

I seem to be having an issue with a particular Query List after upgrading from Version 8.6 to 8.7. I have a list of Agronomists who are linked to specific Farms using a Peer to Peer reference.
My Agronomist List which just shows a list of Agronomist names all worked fine under 8.6. And on the Farm Records, you could select an Agronomist from the referenced attribute to create the peer to peer linkage.
Since upgrading to Version 8.7 and not touching any of this stuff, now I just cannot get the Agronomist Query to display anything yet the attached image shots show clearly that it is finding the records as per the Paging Bar at the bottom of the list.
Additionally, if I now go to edit a Farm and want to select an Agronomist to link to it, there are no Agronomist records shown in the drop down list (as per the image shot). However, I then just created a new attribute called AgronomistName on the Farm record and linked it to the Agronomist Object using a standard combo box dropdown and all of the agronomist records are displayed (as per the image shot).

Does anybody know if there is an issue perhaps related to Peer to Peer linkages causing a problem? All of my other code list queries which all use exactly the same template still work fine. This is the only one not working.
Attachments
Agronomist Query List not working.jpg
Agronomist Query List not working.jpg (197.24 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
MarkP

Re: Query List not displaying any Records - Version 8.7 upgrade

Post by MarkP »

Just an update on this...
This is a multi tenant database design. What I found after experimenting was that if I logged in just as admin with administrator rights I could see the list ok and also as a drop down list on the farm records. So I disabled the business rule which is recommended if you watch the multi tenancy video in regards to restricting access to records that dont belong to the particular company you are working in.

if LoggedInSiteUser.ob_Site.ob_Company<>Agronomist.ob_Company THEN READ PROTECT Agronomist FROM ALL EXCEPT Administrator

Once I disabled this they all appeared in the query list and the Farm record reference dropdown link. The interesting thing about this is that all my other codesets use the same restriction rule methodology and they all work fine as expected. So there are 2 distinct aspects to the Agronomist records that set them apart from the other codelists...
One is that they have a Peer to Peer Reference relationship with the Farm records. No other codeset list has this sort of reference connection.
Second, the Agronomist object is set with a Communication Channel of type Email so we can send reports to them about Farm Treatments.

So the question is and I guess Aware Support are the only ones who could confirm this - would either of these conditions cause a block on the access level interrogation of the object?
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Since you mentioned “access level quote
In the config tool go check the access level and look at all of the elements that it has access to.
Maybe some of them do not have full access.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
MarkP

Post by MarkP »

Hi Jaymer

Yes I have checked that and they all have Full Access as far as the Agronomist Object is concerned.
At least my workaround is doing the job for now so it is not a show stopper.