Grid and tree filtering using an attribute?

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
andreic

Grid and tree filtering using an attribute?

Post by andreic »

Hi,
I thought it would be possible to filter grids and trees using an attribute. This does not seem to be the case.

I created an example where a grid and a tree are filtered using an attribute or a literal string to test this.

In this example, Part1 contains all other Parts. The rest should be self-explanatory.

EDIT: Found also that literal filtering works only for the first level, it doesn't work on the next levels, as expected. The new bsv includes Parts on a second level to show this also.

EDIT2: I consider this to be related to my other post about settings not being considered for lower level Parts (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12441). The lower level parts are definitely processed differently than the first level ones (here there is no additional Assembly object) and I think that's what's causing this inconsistent behavior.

bsv attached:
Test_20220616_1602_GridFilter.bsv.zip
(44.94 KiB) Downloaded 374 times

Bug or feature?
PointsWell

Re: Grid and tree filtering using an attribute?

Post by PointsWell »

No you cannot use filtering beyond the first level.

The Kendo framework allows it but AIM does not.
andreic

Post by andreic »

And not being able to filter with an attribute instead of a literal string?

Having a tree that doesn't filter all levels doesn't make sense..
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

Raise it as a Wish List item. I've personally been asking for trees in queries and the ability to filter all levels for about 5 years.
andreic

Post by andreic »

OK, well then, to support:

Having a tree that doesn't filter on all levels makes this widget practically useless (at least in any scenario I can think of) and this should be fixed.

I'd appreciate any response and/or any suggestion on how to work around this limitation in the meantime.

Thank you.