Bug in Group Totalling in Ver 8.6?

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
MarkP

Bug in Group Totalling in Ver 8.6?

Post by MarkP »

Hi everyone,

Has anyone tried creating a new report in version 8.6 with Group totalling or Report totalling using <<SUM ...>>?
Total Fields within reports created in my app using version 8.5 still work fine under 8.6 but any new reports created under 8.6 which include group/report totalling fields don't work. They just show the last value of the field displayed in the report.
I also tested this with queries and the same thing occurs. Original totals configured on queries built under 8.5 work and display fine. But any new column html to display a sum total also fails to display the total value.

For example: <span style='font-weight:bold;color:blue',/span><b> Total: $<<SUM MYOBInvoices.TotalInvoiceAmount>></b> only displays "Total: $" at the bottom of the column.
I have attached image examples showing the difference.
Have I missed something?

MarkP
Attachments
Query Totals generated under Version 8.5.png
Query Totals generated under Version 8.5.png (7.33 KiB) Viewed 2081 times
Query Total Not Generated under Version 8.6.png
Query Total Not Generated under Version 8.6.png (9.04 KiB) Viewed 2081 times
Jaymer

Re: Bug in Group Totalling in Ver 8.6?

Post by Jaymer »

I've been on all latest versions 8.5/8.6 - no issues with this in grid or report writer. Never noticed anything - unless it was quickly fixed in a build. but no issues for me.
Check SERVER/TOMCAT OUTPUT for runtime errors at the time of execution.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
MarkP

Re: Bug in Group Totalling in Ver 8.6?

Post by MarkP »

Thx Jaymer,

I originally had the fields as text type and then changed them to numeric.
However, it appears that if you already have totalling fields defined in reports and queries against these field names, Aware doesnt re-set them to recognize the change. Once I re-saved the queries and reports a second time it picked up the changes and all worked fine. Your tip to look at the Server log led me on the right path.

Cheers
Mark