FORM WIDGET

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
srufini

FORM WIDGET

Post by srufini »

Hi,

I have an object 'Issue' with an attribute 'ApprovalSheet'
ApprobalSheet object has a status and a multiple 'Approval' objects.
The form of ApprovalSheet has a grid with the lists of Approvals.

I wanted to show in the form of 'Issue' a the list of approvals by using the form predefined in ApprovalSheet.
To do that I showed the attribute Issue.ApprovalSheet with the widget FORM. But while the other fields of ApprovalSheet are visible, the widget GRID of the form of ApprovalSheet does not appears, completely invisible, also its header.

Any suggestion? Am I using it wrong?

Thanks

Sergio
Jaymer

Re: FORM WIDGET

Post by Jaymer »

i tried to help. i read this multiple times. I don't understand the names of your fields. I don't understand the relationships involved.
And there's no picture.
Sorry
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

srufini wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:56 pm I wanted to show in the form of 'Issue' a the list of approvals by using the form predefined in ApprovalSheet.
To do that I showed the attribute Issue.ApprovalSheet with the widget FORM. But while the other fields of ApprovalSheet are visible, the widget GRID of the form of ApprovalSheet does not appears, completely invisible, also its header.
If I understand correctly you have

Issue has one ApprovalSheet (Issue.psApprovalSheet)
ApprovalSheet has one or more Approvals (ApprovalSheet.pmApprovals)

The use of Form as a display option for peer single or owns relationships is limited (for example you can't nest Form into Form into Form) it may be that you've hit another limitation of only being able to show the attributes of the immediately referenced BO and not the relationships.

Without knowing your business logic or your application architecture it may be better to merge the ApprovalSheet BO into the Issues BO to achieve what you are looking for
srufini

Post by srufini »

Sorry Jaymer If I wans't clear..

As PointsWell pointed out is correct:
Issue has one single ApprovalSheet
ApprovalSheet object has a list of one or more Approvals (owners of)

In the form of Issue, I want to show the Approvalsheet form (using the widget form).
While other (single value, e.g. text, dropdown) fields of ApprovalSheet are visible in the form widget inside Issue form, the grid widget with the list of Approvals does not appear. It does not appear even in the preview in the configuration tool.

I imagined this would be a limit of the widget, I just wanted to have a confirmation, so I would pursuit another way.

In general, my concern is that I would like to "embed" the Approval sheet with the same form in many other Business Object's forms.
I could simply add the list of Apporvals direclty in the Issue BO, but I cannot find a simple way to create a standard form that is always the same (same buttons, same stile, etc.. being quite complex, lots of button+processes), and that means I have to recreated every time in each BO form from zero...
Maybe you guys have a better approach to reccomend..

Thanks in advance.

Sergio
PointsWell wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:13 pm

If I understand correctly you have

Issue has one ApprovalSheet (Issue.psApprovalSheet)
ApprovalSheet has one or more Approvals (ApprovalSheet.pmApprovals)

The use of Form as a display option for peer single or owns relationships is limited (for example you can't nest Form into Form into Form) it may be that you've hit another limitation of only being able to show the attributes of the immediately referenced BO and not the relationships.

Without knowing your business logic or your application architecture it may be better to merge the ApprovalSheet BO into the Issues BO to achieve what you are looking for