Form > Panel Operations > Edit Toolbar missing Move Up button

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
UnionSystems

Form > Panel Operations > Edit Toolbar missing Move Up button

Post by UnionSystems »

Version 8.5 had a Move Up button in Form > Panel Operations > Edit Toolbar that allowed you to change a buttons sequence in the toolbar.
Top Panel Toolbar.png
Top Panel Toolbar.png (26.11 KiB) Viewed 5390 times

In Version 8.6 this button is not visible?
8_6onfiguration Tool.png
8_6onfiguration Tool.png (27.81 KiB) Viewed 5390 times

There are also Up and Down buttons in the preceding Form > Panel Operations screen but they do not seem to influence the sequence of buttons in the published actual form.
preceding.png
preceding.png (23.05 KiB) Viewed 5390 times
The loss of the Move Up button means if you want to change the sequence of buttons you need to delete the buttons then re-created them all...unless I'm missing something?
AWS Linux, Windows Server, AIM 8.4 & 8.6
Jaymer

Re: Form > Panel Operations > Edit Toolbar missing Move Up button

Post by Jaymer »

its because you have increased the default font size - bad boy!!!!! How dare you!
You must be either REALLY OLD Dave, with super bad eyes or you just made your font so large you haven't realized yet that many dialogs are cutoff now because Vlad doesn't handle the resizing correctly.

drag the window down (resizing it) to make it taller.
you can see it is cutoff cause it doesn't have the gray border at the bottom where your RED ARROW is.

Several other places are like this with DIRE consequences because you can't see all the options.

btw, mine is fine:
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 1.22.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 1.22.02 AM.png (77.25 KiB) Viewed 5385 times
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
UnionSystems

Post by UnionSystems »

Thanks for so much for your help Jaymer, your advice has fixed my problem.

The particular instance of AwareIM is being accessed by remote AwareIM configuration tools so we had to do the following :
  • Run the AwareIM Configuration Tool on the desktop of the remote server
  • On that instance of the AwareIM Configuration Toolselect the menu option View > Customise Font
  • Shutdown the AwareIM Configuration Tool on the desktop of the remote server
  • Restart the AwareIM Configuration Tool on the desktop of the remote server (to confirm font change had applied)
  • Recopy the JDK and ConfigTool folders from that remote server to the client machines
AWS Linux, Windows Server, AIM 8.4 & 8.6
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Thanks Dave, and I’m glad you have it working now.
But I can guarantee you that the steps you went through are more involved than they have to be.
In order to change the default font/size in the config tool, you have to do nothing on the server.
(If you were on a Mac, there has always been a bug in the fontcustom shell script which prevents it from executing.)
That aside, there’s only one change that script does, and it adds a little CSS file into the CSS file used by the config tool.
So it’s possible to distribute only one file out to the clients to affect his change once you have modified the original file, which is what the fontcustom batch file/script does.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL