Jboss will not start

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
joftech

Jboss will not start

Post by joftech »

Hi Support,

I am trying to insall a runtime on a clients machine.

I get the following error in the log for JBoss.

ObjectName: jboss:service=Naming

State: FAILED

Reason: java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: 1098; nested exception is:

java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

I Depend On:

jboss.system:service=ThreadPool

The machine is running windows 2003 server and Mysql.

Alan
ab042

Post by ab042 »

I'm just a user but had this same problem and thought I would try and offer assistance since its Thanksgiving and I'm not sure anyones around but us crazy programmers. If you do a search you should find several post in the forums on this issue and I believe there has been a few changes when they changed the version a month or so ago. One of them I found is: http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ight=jboss

In addition the things I have done is follow:
A file "jboss-service.xml" in the \awareim\jboss\server\bas\conf folder has TWO different places for PORT #'s that need to be changed. I believe the FIRST one is the one that must match the PROPS file and the 2nd one is ONE port less than the first in my configuration. I changed my setup from 1099 to 1999 and set the second port to 1998

In addition another file "BASserver.props" has a DirectoryServiceProvider=jnp\://localhost\:1099/ that needs to match the port that you change it to in the jboss-service.xml file. I set it to 1999. FYI: I use MySQL so your PROPS file may be different if you don't use MySQL but I believe the same logic applies.

Hope this helps, have a great holiday.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Advice by ab042 is a good one - please follow it.

If anyone comes across "Port xxxx already in use problem" the solution is either to find the application that uses this port on your machine and stop it or re-configure JBoss (or Tomcat) to use a different port. Jboss configuration is in AwareIM/jboss/server/bas/conf/jboss-service.xml. Search for the port number and replace it. Additionally, if it is port 1099 change the BASServer.props file replacing 1099 as well.

PLEASE check the forum for previous messages about your problem before posting new messages - there is a wealth of information on the forum. This will save us time and ensure a better service to our customers. Your help here is appreciated.
Aware IM Support Team
joftech

Post by joftech »

Hi,

Thanks for the input everyone. I actually found the problem. This may be a help for others.

Microsoft exchange server was using ports 1089 and 1099.

Alan