Output to a DIV stops working after a process is started

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
karelh

Output to a DIV stops working after a process is started

Post by karelh »

Hi

We have a query in a VP (nested layout) that outputs the selection into a DIV. As you select the different options the output works as expected.

However once you start a process from one of these selections (in this case the process downloads a document to the machines), the output to the DIV stops working. you can then change the selection but nothing happens. We had a look at the Tomcat logs and we can definitely see the selection's content being loaded but the DIV contents does not change/update.

Not sure if anyone else have experienced this problem or have any idea.

Thanks.
aware_support

Re: Output to a DIV stops working after a process is started

Post by aware_support »

Can you prepare a small BSV that demonstrates the problem and send it to us?
Aware IM Support Team
karelh

Post by karelh »

HI,

Yes I will create a test BSV but let me know if the info below helps:

We have a query that outputs the operation with record to a DIV (Id=testo7). So if you click on different items in the query it changes/updates the div as expected. Image below shows the form being displayed in the div AND you can see in the HTML the DIV ID testo7.
Image1.PNG
Image1.PNG (120.94 KiB) Viewed 8005 times
Once you execute a process/operation from this displayed object and then want to change the selection from the query the div is not updated with the new selected object. The image below shows you the html after the operation is done AND you can see the same DIV is still there but it has no ID. So we assume this is why the selection changes does not do anything as it cant find the DIV.
Image2.PNG
Image2.PNG (136.08 KiB) Viewed 8005 times
Hope it makes sense.

Regards
Karel
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

... this Process you are executing...

is it initiated from inside the DIV ?

I reported a month ago some behavior where in the Destination DIV, if I opened a Form, then after the SAVE (and the close of the Form) it wiped out the DIV.
Consensus was that a DIV (and the new "output to Div" option) was only going to be useful for display only purposes... like a one-way only sending of data into that DIV

I'm not sure if this is what you've discovered now... hard to tell.
I did what you're doing now... looking at the source and seeing that my named DIV was getting wiped out after the FORM was disposed.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
karelh

Post by karelh »

HI Jaymer

Yes it is initiated within the DIV itself. The DIV itself still exists but the ID gets removed in the process.
karelh

Post by karelh »

Hi support

Not sure if anything was changed on this yet but do you still require a sample BSV to show the problem or is the screenshots and explanation above sufficient.

All the best.