server problem with running test mode

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
greg

server problem with running test mode

Post by greg »

Recently I was not able to run my configuration in a test mode due to an error "Internal system error null" which was displayed when I logged in to the test mode in operational mode. It is possible that the Aware server on a WinXP machine was damaged.

I downloaded a new version of Aware set up file from www.awareim.com and installed it over the original version. However, during the installation, messages appeared that it could not access some files: dcpr.dll, cmm.dll, rmi.dll, verify.dll, fontmanager.dll, net.dll, hpi.dll, awt.dll, zip.dll, java.dll and java.exe in JDKin directory and jvm.dll in JDKinclient directory. I chose to ignore all these and finished the installation. After that I copied all these files over from a demonstration installation on another XP machine. It did not help, I got the same error "Internal system error null" when tried to run a test. The same configuration run ok on the demonstration aware installation.

Should I uninstall my server installation and then re-install it again?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This problem happened because the access level of the admin. user has been set to NULL somehow (I am not sure how it happened). I noticed you added an attribute to the RegularUser object. Did the problem start to happen after this change?

The workaround is to put version under test with no initial data. This should fix the problem.
Aware IM Support Team
greg

Post by greg »

I am not sure if this problem first appeared after that change or before that. The extra attribute slipped in from a change in another business object belonging to the same group. During that change, I also added a list of AccessLevels with initial value being Guest. May be it reset the Administrator level to null.
greg

Post by greg »

I again tried to test a version of configuration, selected no initial data option. Got an error while still in configuration mode:
Error: Exception changing status of a business version AwareIM sever encounted the following error. Could not prepare entry statement 14 DROP TABLE cannot perform on BASETESTEDOMAINWMI_SYSTEMSETTINGS because it does not exist.
Can you advise on how to get around this?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This problem is probably due to teh change that we made some time ago when we introduced SystemSettings object. Probably your database is from the old version when there was no SystemSettings object in the system and that is why it complains about table absence.

The only workaround is to create the table for this object manually. If running Derby you have to do the following:

1. Place the attached file derbytools.jar into c:AwareIM10Tomcatsharedlib directory on the derver
2. Place the attached file ijBASDBTEST.bat into c:AwareIM10 directory on the server
3. Run command prompt on the server and change to c:AwareIM10 directory
4. Run ijBASDBTEST.bat. When it displays "*current connection" message enter the following command:
CREATE TABLE BASTESTDOMAINWMI_SYSTEMSETTINGS (ID INTEGER NOT NULL);
When it displays that the command is OK, enter the following command:
QUIT;
5. Put version under test again with no initial data
Aware IM Support Team