BUG in reports - condition on a SUM field in a group

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
Jaymer

BUG in reports - condition on a SUM field in a group

Post by Jaymer »

You regularly wouldn't run across this error.
I have a report with several groups - and a Total field thats an Invoice Amount.
In the Group, you set the Evaluation Details to calc the total in each of your group bands.
report totals.png
report totals.png (191.89 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
All is fine up til now.

THEN, I wanted to hide the totals when basic users ran the report. So I attached a condition for AccessLevel='Manager'.

the problem is the "Evaluation Details" section now is missing on a conditional tag.
report totals2.png
report totals2.png (138.79 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
So the Total, which was set to calculate for the group now became a Running Total.
Sure, it was hidden correctly when the user was NOT a Manager, but for Manager, the report totals were all messed up compared to the version before the conditions.

Like I said, this is a weird error thats only going to show up when using a condition on a SUM-type field IN A GROUP.
But my only option now is to duplicate the entire report for non-Managers and physically drop the field (I HATE redundancy and duplicate code).

Jaymer...
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
joben

Re: BUG in reports - condition on a SUM field in a group

Post by joben »

Rather than running two different reports as a means of circumvention, couldn't you instead use a conditional element with a rectangle filled with the background color of the report, bring it to front so that it covers the total if AccessLevel='BasicUser' ?
Regards, Joakim