Google Map with multiple markers using child/parent objects

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
Antoine

Google Map with multiple markers using child/parent objects

Post by Antoine »

Hello,

I'm having issues trying to display multiple markers where the addresses are defined in a list in a Parent/Child relationship. The proper Child list of addresses is selected from a list of Parent objects using "Operations with Records," triggering the DISPLAY LAYOUT Process. The Query attached to the Google Map definition uses "FIND Child WHERE Child.Parent=Parent", I also tried "FIND Child WHERE Child.Parent.ID=Parent.ID" but nothing is displayed and AWARE IM logs show that the Parent object can not be found in the "FIND Child WHERE Child.Parent=Parent" query.

However, I'm able to display all markers of ALL the children objects if I remove the query condition.

Also, all works well if I replace the Goole Map element by a Query on a VP panel such that I only see a list of the children objects of the selected parent.

It seems that the Query used for the Google Map can get the context of the Parent object.

I could probably work around by storing the value in the LoggedInRegularUser… but that doesn't feel right.

What am I missing?

Thank you.
aware_support

Re: Google Map with multiple markers using child/parent obje

Post by aware_support »

Would you be able to send us a BSV that demonstrates the problem and describe how to reproduce it starting from blank data?
Aware IM Support Team