startProcessWithInit multiple attribute values bug?

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
hpl123

startProcessWithInit multiple attribute values bug?

Post by hpl123 »

Hi support / all,
In version 8 the startProcessWithInit function is not working the same as in previous versions. Multiple attribute values cannot be populated as before (my Js might be messed up though).

This used to work:

Code: Select all

AwareApp.startProcessWithInit('EditPoi','main','PoiOperation','@Type='+poioptype+'@Parameter='+poiitemid);
The 2 attributes I populate are Type and Parameter. In version 8 I get an error telling me the @Type and @Parameter attributes cannot be found. I read in some changelog that a bug with @ in startProcessWithInit was fixed in version 8 and I guess this is the reason I get this error.

I have tried changing my code to:

Code: Select all

AwareApp.startProcessWithInit('EditPoi','main','PoiOperation','Type='+poioptype+'Parameter='+poiitemid);
I have also tried various other variations of the same code but I cannot get it to pass both values into the 2 different attributes. The JS variables are not the problem as the second code/function above gives me both variables in the Type attribute so the problem is separating the 2 into the startProcessWithInit function so each attribute get the correct variable value. I have read the documentation for version 8 and is the old documentation with @ instructions so no help. Can support or someone if you see / know a solution to this chip in on how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
aware_support

Re: startProcessWithInit multiple attribute values bug?

Post by aware_support »

You have to use two @ symbols as a delimiter:

value1@@value2@@value3
Aware IM Support Team
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Awesome, thanks.
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Support,
The docs still have only 1 @ stated as separator between attributes and would be good to have it updated so it´s correct. I just spent time and hands of hair trying to get this working with 1 @ (and I had forgot I asked for this and got the info in this post previously).

Thanks