DISPLAY URL Problem

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
rocketman

DISPLAY URL Problem

Post by rocketman »

The following process works in build 2458 but doesn't in 2459 (the tab is empty)

FIND Clubs WHERE Clubs.DefaultClub='Yes'
DISPLAY URL 'http://ktrax.kisstech.ch/logbook/?id=<< ... wcrew=true' NEW TAB 'FLARM'

if you want to see what should be there the ktrax_id is CAMPHILL and use 2018-11-06 as the date
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5
Jaymer

Re: DISPLAY URL Problem

Post by Jaymer »

I'd be looking at the LOG to see if any YELLOW lines appear indicating the value of a BO or Attribute could not be resolved, and
Looking at the Server Output to see what URL it thinks its opening.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
tford

Post by tford »

You could also store the value temporarily in a SystemSettings or LIRU attribute during problem solving.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

No yellows, all output lines the same. 1 club found

2458 ACTION_ EXECUTION

Executing action DISPLAY URL 'http://ktrax.kisstech.ch/logbook/?id=<< ... wcrew=true' NEW TAB 'FLARM'

2459 ACTION_EXECUTION

Executing action DISPLAY URL 'http://ktrax.kisstech.ch/logbook/?id=<< ... wcrew=true' NEW TAB 'FLARM'

Line by line everything is identical

Now - strangely, when I went to change something minor on my production server ( build 2459 - the one that doesn't show the url) I get a strange message

" unable to generate preview due to system error 'Parser' is undefined
Rocketman

Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

rocketman wrote:" unable to generate preview due to system error 'Parser' is undefined"
Oh, I get that.
Since 8.1 I have not gotten a Preview in the Configurator - seems like 'ol v7 days.
Originally, I thought it was due to our SSL certificate - thats when it started.
But on a later 8.1 release, I got that Parser msg.
No idea.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Thing is Jaymer, I don't have the problem on the dev machine which is a Mac Version. The production server is Windoze server 2012. --- weird or wot

Anyway, the story so far.

DISPLAY URL with no modifiers - opens up a new window but it fills the whole damn screen and I can find no way to control that.

Ditto the modifier IN NEW WINDOW

IN MAIN WINDOW just replaces the current tab within AIM - so I lose what was already there - which I don't want because the object of this exercise is to compare flight times recorded by the members against those recorded electronically on the Open glider Network (FLARM)

NEW TAB 'Tab Name' I thought was perfect but actually isn't - I have no scroll bars (IN MAIN WINDOW gives me scroll bars) ... and actually NEW TAB isn't working in the later builds

IN CURRENT TAB - just does the same as IN MAIN WINDOW - replaces current tab within AIM

So .... Plenty for Vlad to get his teeth into here (if he's monitoring). Can I suggest

The Default (no modifiers) should open a new browser tab within the same window, leaving AIM and the new url side by side in separate tabs. IN MAIN WINDOW should do the same

IN NEW WINDOW can open up a new browser window but it would be good to be able to control the size

Make NEW TAB 'Tab Name' work in the latest build AND WITH SCROLLBARS

IN CURRENT TAB - stay the same
Rocketman

rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Jaymer wrote:
rocketman wrote:" unable to generate preview due to system error 'Parser' is undefined"
Oh, I get that.
Since 8.1 I have not gotten a Preview in the Configurator - seems like 'ol v7 days.
Originally, I thought it was due to our SSL certificate - thats when it started.
But on a later 8.1 release, I got that Parser msg.
No idea.
Actually, you could be right on the SSL thing. That's when my issue started... and I don't have an ssl cert on my dev machine
Rocketman