Chrome Browser Issues

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
rocketman

Chrome Browser Issues

Post by rocketman »

A few (not all) users who use the Chrome browser (Windows) have reported they are no longer able to bring up the cross hair and so cannot change the width of columns. I have the latest (v67) on my Mac and have no issues. Has anyone else had this reported - and if so, are there any settings that need tweaking in chrome.

These are NOT tablet users, they are all Laptop and/or Desktop users

It has also been reported that some Samsung tablet users (10" or greater) are only seeing the VP intended for phone users whereas they should be seeing the full Desktop version. I'm an iPad man myself and don't have an issue. Users of other (non-Samsung) tablets have not so far reported any issues.

I should add that the workaround of constructing a url with mobile_platform=Tablet works but really, nobody should have to do that in this day and age. Seems like the Samsung Tablet thinks it's a phone OR AIM is not interpreting the device ID's correctly.

Anyone know what's going on? and can it be fixed within the Samsung settings?
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5
aware_support

Re: Chrome Browser Issues

Post by aware_support »

As far as crosshairs are concerned - check that the zoom factor in the browser is set at 100%
Aware IM Support Team
customaware

Post by customaware »

Works ok for me...

Chrome: Version 68.0.3440.25 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) Mac
Aware IM V8.1 - 2461
Cheers,
Mark
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

aware_support wrote:As far as crosshairs are concerned - check that the zoom factor in the browser is set at 100%
I found this on another Kendo UI site - Seems it's known about and if you follow the link it looks like they found a fix or workaround.

https://www.telerik.com/forums/column-r ... hrome-(61)
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5