Change Perspective Menu Item

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
Andrea

Change Perspective Menu Item

Post by Andrea »

Not sure if this is a bug, but the Change Perspective Menu command is giving an "Access is Denied" error message to a user access level that has full access. Oddly, it works just fine on my "Administrator" menu.

Just happened since upgrading to 8.1 last weekend. Made no changes to any menus.

Is there a new feature in 8.1 that I need to be aware of?

Thanks!
Andrea
aware_support

Re: Change Perspective Menu Item

Post by aware_support »

Seems to work for us. Could you prepare a small BSV that demonstrates the problem and send it to [email protected]?
Aware IM Support Team
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Mine is a similar problem.

In 5.9 I could have two perspectives one for members and one for office staff.

Office Staff would be given access level of "Office" Members would be set to "Members" Both VP's would be set to "Use at Login" The office staff VP would be set to be used by "Office" and Members would be set to be used by "Members" at login. Office staff had a menu item that allowed them to change perspective to Members

Problem - Since V8 (I skipped 7) If I try to add "Office" to the list of users allowed to use the Members VP, then when an office person tried to log in they were presented with the members VP (Alphabetical order?)

When I took Office out of the allowed list for members,VP then when they try to change VP from their own Office VP they got "Access denied". I had to create an identical Members VP called MemberFromOffice with "Use At Login" set to "No" and grant access to Office Staff for that VP in order to retain the functionality I had in 5.9

There no longer seems to be a way of saying "These Access Levels use this at log in and these others can just use it from a change perspective command
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

For security reasons we have disallowed users with access level other than administrator to be able to use visual perspectives of other users. If you want a non-administrator to be able to change a perspective this perspective should have "Use in Login" property turned off.
Aware IM Support Team