Problem with 8.1

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
Ewanm

Problem with 8.1

Post by Ewanm »

I have just updated to V8.1 and immediately have what seems like a problem.

I have a BO called System_Log which is used to log all user actions. One of the Attributes in the BO is called Section. This is a text Attribute and in V8.0 was working ok. Since I updated to 8.1, the app will not tun and when I check the integrity, I ged errors wherever it is used. If I change the name to Section_Name, it seems to work ok but when I change it back to Section, I get the error again

The error displayed is: Syntax error in action 1 at token "Section" (column 35).
Token <IDENTIFIER> was expected.

The rule is:

If SystemSettings.SystemLogEnable='Yes' AND SystemSettings.SystemLogEnhancedMode='Yes' AND Tickets.Status='Raised' Then CREATE System_Log WITH System_Log.Section='Support Tickets',System_Log.Data='Support Ticket ID: '+Tickets.TicketID,System_Log.Timestamp=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,System_Log.Action='Support Ticket Raised',System_Log.Detail='Support Ticket ID: '+Tickets.TicketID+' for '+Tickets.Client.Name+' was Raised by '+LoggedInStaff.Name,System_Log.Personell=LoggedInStaff.Name

This rule ran ok in the last update of V8.0
Jaymer

Re: Problem with 8.1

Post by Jaymer »

I converted a customers system to 8.1 over the weekend.
When I went to publish, I got eight errors related to something called section.
I thought it was odd, but figured maybe I had deleted a field or something by accident.
It was older legacy code and unused BO so I just deleted all of the offending commands.
It makes sense now seeing your report, that it wasn’t my fault.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Ewanm

Re: Problem with 8.1

Post by Ewanm »

Thanks for the reply, thats good to know. I know it couldn't be me as it all worked before the update. Unfortunately, I have a lot of references for this Attribute but I will just need to rename as I cant wait for an update.