Banner content panel won't output to new tab

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
JonP

Banner content panel won't output to new tab

Post by JonP »

Since discovering tabs at the conference (thanks to Mark, Vlad and all the helpers/presenters for a great conference), I am loving on them. They're breadcrumbs on steroids and solve a number of design issues I was struggling with.

Outputting to a new tab from a menu item works perfectly. But if I try to output to a new tab from a banner content panel, like a typical teenager it just ignores my instruction and outputs to the main content panel tab instead. I've also tried outputting to popup and modeless with no luck. The little brat just won't listen.

Steps...
1. Make sure that the Main frame is set to show a tab even if it's the only one.
2. On a banner content panel, create a button that runs a process to open a form.
3. Set Output target as New Tab
4. Go into test mode and click that button to see that the initial main tab is over-written.
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)
JonP

Re: Banner content panel won't output to new tab

Post by JonP »

Vladimir got back to me. No fix, but there is a simple workaround. Between type and id, insert output="[OUTPUT TYPE]"

Example for outputting to new tab:

<button class="k-primary" id="aw-static-button72309_0" data-ref="null@<menu_item name="dummy" type="start_process" output="new_tab" id="0"> <menu_item_param>ViewAccountOrProfile</menu_item_param></menu_item>">
<<LoggedInPerson.Name>></button>
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)