Problem with 'FIND' and 'PICK FROM'

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
Ewanm

Problem with 'FIND' and 'PICK FROM'

Post by Ewanm »

I am trying to send scheduled emails at a specific time and AwareIM only sends one email when I know there should be three.

When I check the Log, it finds three but only sends one.

I changed the 'FIND' function to 'PICK FROM' function to check the three records, I get the following error and don't receive any data:

Internal error. Unable to persist process context Data truncation: Data too long for column 'PROCNAME' at row 1

Don't know if these problems are related.

I am running on MAC OSX and using MYSQL Version 5.7.19

Can anyone help?
JonP

Re: Problem with 'FIND' and 'PICK FROM'

Post by JonP »

As to the second problem, you just need to go into the related BO and change max length for PROCNAME.

As to the first problem, it sounds like a problem I was having. I had a process with 2 rules. The 1st rule had a series of If...Then...Else statements that would result in the appropriate FIND...IN BATCHES OF 1 function. The 2nd rule had a CREATE function (among other things). Only the first batch was firing in the 2nd rule.

What I had to do was convert the 2nd rule into its own process and insert that process after the FIND function of each condition. Then all the batches fired.
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)
Ewanm

Post by Ewanm »

Hi there, thanks for the reply,

relating to the first point, it seems to be an internal error as I do not have an attribute (column) called 'PROCNAME' in any BO.

I have tried using FIND IN BATCHES OF 1 and get the same error with that.
JonP

Post by JonP »

Then my guess is that PROCNAME is the name of your process, which must be to long for AIM to handle, which is odd if AIM would let you save it in the first place. Do you have long process names?

The function (or process) to send emails - is it located inside the same rule immediately after the FIND function?
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)
Ewanm

Post by Ewanm »

Hi there,

The process name is quite long but there are others that are longer and work OK.

Shortened the name and seems to work OK. Odd!!!

Thanks for your help.
JonP

Post by JonP »

That's good to know!

How long was it anyway? Can you provide an example so we know what to stay under?
tford

Post by tford »

I've had long process names and received a similar error. I don't know what the max is, but have learned not to have long ones.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
BobK

Post by BobK »

PROCNAME is a column in the AwareIM internal execution_contexts table and contains the name of the running process.

Using DESCRIBE execution_contexts in MySQL it is defined as varchar(50)
Bob