Importing from XML produces artifacts

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
JonP

Importing from XML produces artifacts

Post by JonP »

When making wholesale changes, I like to backup the BSV, export to XML, do a careful find/replace (because there can be unintended consequences), import, and then check for problems (in case I wasn't careful-enough). I do this all the time and all the time I have to cleanup artifacts that AIM injects into the file.

When you include an attribute in the caption of a form section and export/import, AIM converts <<[BO.attribute]>> into <<[BO.attribute]>>. That's no problem. But then as you continue to export/import, AIM adds "amp;" after each "&". That's a problem. Those amp;s accumulate like barnacles.

Steps:
1. Add a BO attribute to a form section caption.
2. Export to XML.
3. Import from XML.
4. Go to the form section caption.

Note - You may need to export/import more than once to see the "amp;" show up. It may go from...
<<[BO.attribute]>>
to <<[BO.attribute]>>
to &lt;&lt;[BO.attribute]&gt;&gt;
to &amp;lt;&amp;lt;[BO.attribute]&amp;gt;&amp;gt;
etc.

Another thing export/import does is add spaces or tabs before and after the element description in the attribute definition. It has no effect on how the app runs, but it's annoying.
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)
JonP

Re: Importing from XML produces artifacts

Post by JonP »

After a bunch of back and forth on this and the XML import adding spaces, Vladimir identified the problem and says the fix will be in the next release.
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)