Some small newbie problems

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
perherman

Some small newbie problems

Post by perherman »

Hi,

I am totally new to aware im, having used Magic Software (UniPaas, eDeveloper) since the early 1990-ies.

So some things are frustrating...

1. When I choose Locale Swedish; the date format is wrong: mm/dd/yy, should be yy/mm/dd, or yyyy/mm/dd. I tried to manually customize to yy/mm/dd but it was not accepted.

2. When creating a new object, somehow the attributes came in the wrong order, and I would like to change the order of the attributes. How do I do that?

thanks for help!

more to follow...

Per-Olof
aware_support

Re: Some small newbie problems

Post by aware_support »

1. Have you specified the date format directly in the locale? Did you choose the appropriate culture?
2. Order of attributes is always alphabetical. There is absolutely no reason to have a different order - it's not used anywhere in the system.

As a newbie please post your messages to the General Forum as it's likely that some of the problems you are experiencing are not real problems :)
Aware IM Support Team
customaware

Post by customaware »

Have PM'd you Per-Olof.
Cheers,
Mark
perherman

Post by perherman »

aware_support wrote:1. Have you specified the date format directly in the locale? Did you choose the appropriate culture?

Yes, I have i.e chosen the culture (Swedish) and TRIED to format the date format in the Locale.

Also, strangely, when I run the sample application, and click on the date calender I get an Icelandic calender, not the in Swedish.

Per-Olof
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

I have just tried to use the locale and everything seems to be working fine. You need to define your locale, specify it as the "default one", specify date and time format (note, it has to be yyyy/MM/dd, not yyyy/mm/dd

Then you need to define a date attribute in some business object and specify it's format as "take from locale".

Everything should work as expected.

Not sure about the Icelandic calendar - I cannot tell the difference between the two. Maybe there is a mistake in the cultures or messages file. If this is the case you can fix it yourself. The culture and messages files are in the AwareIM/Tomcat/webapps/AwareIM/KendoUI/js/culutures and AwareIM/Tomcat/webapps/AwareIM/KendoUI/js/messages directories.
Aware IM Support Team
perherman

Post by perherman »

Thanks,

I got the date format working (by specifying 'take from locale'.

But it is still Icelandic names of the months in the calender.

When I look at the culture files there is one file: kendo.culture.se-SE.min.js which contains Icelandic months, and another file kendo.culture.sv-SE.min.js which contains Swedish months.

I don´t know the what the difference in functions of the two are; both ought to (in my mind) contain Swedish months.

Even if I remove all the files with SE in the name from the folder 'culture' I get Icelandic names in the calender. I have restarted aware IM.

So something else must be adjusted...

I tested with culture German, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Hebrew: they all worked fine immediately. However Swedish does not show Swedish months, even though the file kendo.culture.sv-SE.min.js includes them.

Per-Olof
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We'll investigate this
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Try this:

1.Open the file AwareIM/bin/UIConfig.props
2. Find the line: