Rceived Email - V3

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
pixerp

Rceived Email - V3

Post by pixerp »

I'm using V3 and appreciate the UI improvements made. Congrats to the dev team !

Here are some probs I noted.

Running V3-Build 1019 on Windows and the CRM sample app, I noticed :

. received email does not display HTML in Message attribute but stores it in Attachement 1.bin - I tried to change the Message attribute to HTML format without success

. when email address contains the person's full name, the character set is not correctly handled, e.g.
Renée Smith <[email protected]> will be stored in MySQL DB (UTF8) as
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Ren=E9e?= Smith <[email protected]>

Thanks.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The first problem is the expected behaviour currently. We will investigate the second one.
Aware IM Support Team
pixerp

Post by pixerp »

1. So, at the moment, it makes ReceivedEmail just unusable. When can we expect the HTML message body to be displayed correctly ?

2. Apart from the character set problem, I also noticed that if the FromAddress contains additional infos, for ex. : First Lastname <[email protected]> it will fail to automatically reference to the BO. Obviously, the field needs to be parsed whenever the < sign is present (at notification level ?). Same applies to CC field. Any suggestion on that ?

Thanks for your reply.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

1. We'll see if we can address this.
2. So what is the question? How to parse the value?
Aware IM Support Team
pixerp

Post by pixerp »

Sorry, I missed your reply / question.

Currently (see CRM app), if I register my email address into a Customer's email and send an email to my address, that email will be automatically referenced in the Customer's communication events.

Now, this works if the ToAddress in the email is just [email protected]. If the ToAddress contains 'First Lastname <[email protected]>' the email will not be referenced.

If I understand it right, the IncomingEmail Notification ToAddress is looked up to the EmailAddress attribute of the Intelligent-BO (ie. Customer), no ?

If a full match is found (=), it is referenced.

My point is : remove all char up to the < sign and the > sign BEFORE trying to match the email address. Does it make sense ?

Thanks
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Here is an example of a rule attached to the IncomingEmail notification from the CRM sample application:

FIND Customer WHERE IncomingEmail.FromAddress CONTAINS Customer.EmailAddress

It should work for your scenario.
Aware IM Support Team
pixerp

Post by pixerp »

In build 1026, I can see now that the html message body gets converted to plain text and the original(?) email is still attached as a .bin file.

Can you tell what do you intend to do with regards to HTML handling in Received Email ? For example, have the attachment with an htm extension to be able to open it or have the html body displayed directly ...

Thanks.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

I am not sure I understand the question. Received e-mail is converted to a notification. As such, it only understands plain text messages. The rest is stored in the attribute of the Document type.

So your original HTML message would be stored as a document. It is now up to you what you want to do with this document attachment.
Aware IM Support Team
Sergej

Post by Sergej »

I am having a similar problem and just wanted to know is there a solution for this?

I have input mask “E-mail” unchecked in fromaddress attribute of receivedemail BO. Is it right?

The problem I have is that receivedemail fromaddress and toaddress are displayed as

Code: Select all

=?UTF-8?B?c2VyZ2V5IGZpbGlwcG92?= [email protected]
Then when I press reply button it opens outgoingemail bo that doesnot accepts this format in corresponding fields.

Almost all emails are received in this format.
AwareIM 5.1a build 1454, Debian 64bit , MySQL
Sergej

Post by Sergej »

may be I just have to uncheck input mask “E-mail” in fromaddress\senttoaddress attributes of outgoingemail BO?
When I reply I get
This field should be an e-mail address in the format "[email protected]"

I understand that it is because field is "Sender Name <[email protected]>"

I think awareim should parse fromaddress/senttoaddress only in <> signs. And remainings parse to some other field like sender name. Or input mask “E-mail” must be changed.
Sergej

Post by Sergej »

I tried to uncheck input mask “E-mail” in senttoaddress of outgoing email bo but when I save it, error appears:
"Notification of this name already exists, please use another name" .
Why?

Yes there exists outgoingemail notification as well.