Baltic fonts?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Powerm

Baltic fonts?

Post by Powerm »

I have the following with problem with a demo CRM like app where I have to generate a template letter:

a) I can create a report where the Lithuanian fonts are correctly displayed
--> the created Pdf does not display correctly the text, some letters are missing

b) I have create the same report but using an HTML document
--> the created HTMl shows all fonts correctly but it does not fit on an A4 letter

I have added some Baltics fonts found in internet and changed the MySql collation to utf16 / utf16_lithuanian_ci but had no luck.

Does anyone had the same problem to display Lithuanian or Baltic fonts?

Thanks
Independent Developer
www.atwing.com
customaware

Re: Baltic fonts?

Post by customaware »

I use Mongolian Fonts (Cyrillic) and needed MySQL set to UTF-8 and for the reports found a lightweight Mongolian font (the MS version was a ridiculous file size) and all works.
Cheers,
Mark
Powerm

Re: Baltic fonts?

Post by Powerm »

Thanks for to your input and for the records I fixed it that way:

- used "Roman CyrillicStd" fonts from this page: http://www.aatseel.org/resources/fonts/ ... rillic.htm
- switched MySql database to utf_16_lithuanian_ci

Only thing : the text is displayed correctly but I can't mix it with variables ( ie adding <<Customer.Name>> will screw-up the entire paragraph ).
Independent Developer
www.atwing.com