SINGLE most important feature you need for 8.1?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
RLJB

Re: SINGLE most important feature you need for 8.1?

Post by RLJB »

Hey Pointswell... can you just use:

DISPLAY LAYOUT Kanban FROM_VP UsedForDisplays1
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Single 1 feature? For me it´s 1 of each of the above haha :D. Good requests all of them above and all make sense and are needed and except for that I would ay more focus on mobile features so better integration of mobile device capabilities, better (easier, more reliable, more features etc. etc.) native build capabilities etc.. I am just back from holiday and don´t have my thinking cap on yet but more thoughts will probably come.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

I wanted to make one important emphasis on my feature request to support, and that is...

Currently, if we use FILE SYSTEM to store images, we lose ALL the current features that are supported through Aware when image is stored in DB. When the new feature is offered to give us a choice for "PICTURE" type to be stored in DB or FILE SYSTEM (With path & file name as extra attribute and Images format), ALL the current features to be retained not to break the apps.

This is the most critical point of having the benefits of FILE SYSTEM and still having the features of DB.

Thanks!
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

This is the most critical point of having the benefits of FILE SYSTEM and still having the features of DB.
Absolutely Ben,
I hope there is a high priority to get the file system feature on the PICTURE attribute as we have on the Document attribute. Also very important, the file system functionality must not disable any of the PICTURE features and functions as these will be needed at the same time

I have a big project coming up with images and relying heavily on this functionality, .....can't wait
weblike

Post by weblike »

Hi all,
Just came back from holiday and I'm glad to see activity on the forum.

I have many requests for 8.1, but the most important for me right now is that to be able to present astonishing reports to the users (invoices, letters, etc.).
So my request is to bring all features of Jasper Reports Studio to Aware IM.
- latest library
- UI improvements: not delimited bands (to be able to create vertical texts) like in Jasper Reports Studio
Selection_249.png
Selection_249.png (95.8 KiB) Viewed 24783 times
Thank you
Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

weblike wrote:Hi all,
Just came back from holiday and I'm glad to see activity on the forum.
Oh no, you're back... :mrgreen:
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

^ Bump ^
RentProperty

Post by RentProperty »

I Have to agree with George.

Would be great to have the latest version and features of Jasper reports integrated in the report builder to allow more flexibility (Especially with regards to page breaks, sub-report tiling orientation).

Also better indexing fo the BSV so 'FIND REFERENCES' doesn't take minutes to complete and also better auto completion / Click through navigation on ALL elements. IE to be able to CTRL click on any Query, Object, Attribute, Form reference, VP and be taken directly there from any other place in the system. Most IDE's offer this these days.

These 2 things will help ALOT.... AND definitely more flexibility on exposing rest services as we use this All the time for our native mobile apps.

Just my 2 cents.
Hein Hanekom & Werner Hanekom
Sinov8.net
AwareIM Version 5.9 | 6.0 | 7.0 | 7.1 (Windows EC2 R2012 & MySQL)
BLOMASKY

Why not just call JasperReports from Aware

Post by BLOMASKY »

Yea, it would be nice to have it integrated, and yea, it would be nice to be able to have a report show up in one panel, but if you can live with the limitation of having your report output in a new tab, then just write your reports in Jasper and call them from Aware.

works for me.

Bruce
customaware

Post by customaware »

I would use Jasper except I can find no way to display an Aware Picture attribute on a Jasper report.

Tried many things but discarded when I failed.

Also Bruce....if I ever get back into it... I will need another training session. ;-)
Cheers,
Mark
tford

Post by tford »

Mark,

Did you know that Bruce's Jasper demo video is at: https://recordings.join.me/H18yES0KIEeSF4vodmiYsA

It's also listed bottom of the video list at: https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8771
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
customaware

Post by customaware »

Thanx for that Tom.

I had forgotten about that.
Cheers,
Mark
johntalbott

Post by johntalbott »

A f'n checkbox for everything I don't know how to do. :shock:
VocalDay Solutions - Agility - Predictability - Quality

We specialize in enabling business through the innovative use of technology.

AwareIM app with beautiful UI/UX - https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfUrrVeB3t
weblike

Post by weblike »

FOLDER_SIZE Function. Was mentioned as a request earlier in the forum, would be nice to see it in 8.1
Thx,
George
weblike

Post by weblike »

I know that this post title is "Single most..." and already I've posted several requests.
One more :)

To be able to send email to outside world. By saying outside world I mean that not only to intelligent objects.
To be able to send emails like in Outlook. Open the form and write the receiver email address.

Thank you,
Thx,
George