Aware IM version 8.0 (beta)

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
aware_support

Aware IM version 8.0 (beta)

Post by aware_support »

Beta release of Aware IM version 8.0 is now available. Here is the video about it:
https://youtu.be/NHvKFZHhADg

Please send an email to [email protected] if you want to test it.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Re: Aware IM version 8.0 (beta)

Post by aware_support »

And also huge thanks to Bruce Lomasky for helping with the testing of the Alpha version and suggesting some important improvements!
Aware IM Support Team
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

Thanks Support for making the video. It "WAS" very valuable video. :)
Love the fact the form designer is becoming more Visual and Drag & Drop.

In the testing section, you mentioned that some elements (like rules) may not be picked up by the embedded browser automatically, since this is work-in-progress module. My question is, is there a button to "Force" it to re-fetch data from configurator manually to see the latest changes, or we have to resort to old testing style?

Secondly, in previous versions, we had to allocate memory to the IDE. Does the new IDE automatically use as much memory as it needs, without manually assign the amount (i.e. 1024)?

Thirdly, can you give us list of areas that you may suspect problems or incomplete, so we know ahead of time?

Thanks to Bruce [Lee] for his Agile moves. :D
weblike

Post by weblike »

BenHayat wrote:Thanks Support for making the video. It "WAS" very valuable video. :)

Thirdly, can you give us list of areas that you may suspect problems or incomplete, so we know ahead of time?
Love how it looks. Bravo!
I plan to test beta with my real life applications (on a testing clone VPS with MySQL).What Ben mentioned would be a time saver&speed booster in fixing eventual bugs.
Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Kudis support!!!! and looking forward to use V8. I go on holiday today so can´t help with the beta unfortunately (maybe in August when I am back if the beta testing is still ongoing).

Thanks and good summer to you all 8)
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
BLOMASKY

MY early opinions

Post by BLOMASKY »

1st, knowing some of the "issues" that came up, let me be the 1st to offer to buy a beer (ok 2) for Vlad!

2nd, I am VERY happy with the way this has progressed. I use different computers (laptop, desktop with big ass monitor, laptop with 5K screen) and like the fact that I can adjust the screen layout to my workflow.

3rd, at this point, it seems pretty solid (of course, it IS a beta, so do save early and often), and can't wait until it goes gold.

It looks better, it works faster, so, life is good.

(do remember, the panels are ALL draggable, resizable and while my memory is starting to suck, the configurator has a much better memory and will remember how you last sized thingies...

Bruce
RentProperty

Post by RentProperty »

@Support

We do TONS of custom CSS and CSS overrides to get the exact look and feel we want. Is there a way for the built in previewer to Take our custom CSS files into account when previewing the forms etc? If not we never get a true reflection of what it will look like in a browser. For instance we also use Icon Classes with a custom Icon CSS file. So these Icon's won't show unless our own CSS files are also loaded in the Built In browser/previewer.
Hein Hanekom & Werner Hanekom
Sinov8.net
AwareIM Version 5.9 | 6.0 | 7.0 | 7.1 (Windows EC2 R2012 & MySQL)
johntalbott

Post by johntalbott »

RentProperty wrote:@Support

We do TONS of custom CSS and CSS overrides to get the exact look and feel we want. Is there a way for the built in previewer to Take our custom CSS files into account when previewing the forms etc? If not we never get a true reflection of what it will look like in a browser. For instance we also use Icon Classes with a custom Icon CSS file. So these Icon's won't show unless our own CSS files are also loaded in the Built In browser/previewer.
+1
VocalDay Solutions - Agility - Predictability - Quality

We specialize in enabling business through the innovative use of technology.

AwareIM app with beautiful UI/UX - https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfUrrVeB3t
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Code: Select all

We do TONS of custom CSS and CSS overrides to get the exact look and feel we want. Is there a way for the built in previewer to Take our custom CSS files into account when previewing the forms etc? If not we never get a true reflection of what it will look like in a browser. For instance we also use Icon Classes with a custom Icon CSS file. So these Icon's won't show unless our own CSS files are also loaded in the Built In browser/previewer
If you put your CSS files into the AwareIM/Tomcat/webapps/Custom/CSS directory the live preview feature should pick them up. If it doesn't please report a bug, because it should.
Aware IM Support Team
himanshu

Post by himanshu »

It was great watching the version 8.0 beta..

Kudos to AwareIM Team!, this is really a big release for the developer or configurator point of view. It really makes life much easy at various levels.

Thanks
From,
Himanshu Jain

AwareIM Consultant (since version 4.0)
DB: MYSQL, MSSQL
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Dear beta testers,

thank you for your help so far. Just to let you know that the new builds are now available for both Windows and MAC versions. The links should be the same. The LInux version is also available but there are some issues with it at the moment. MAC users - you probably need to wipe out your old installation completely and start afresh.

Quite a number of issues have been fixed in the new build.

Don't forget to refresh your preview browsers. To do this click on the "Refresh" button on the forms or query editor (the rightmost button on the toolbar)
Aware IM Support Team
RentProperty

Post by RentProperty »

Awesome, Thanks for the update support.
Hein Hanekom & Werner Hanekom
Sinov8.net
AwareIM Version 5.9 | 6.0 | 7.0 | 7.1 (Windows EC2 R2012 & MySQL)
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Dear beta testers,

the build has been updated again. This is now probably as close to the final release as it can get...

Thanks for your help so far.
Aware IM Support Team