Relation between business objects - example "Ordering&q

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ckirnbauer

Relation between business objects - example "Ordering&q

Post by ckirnbauer »

Hello,

i want to know, how relationships between business objects work.
So I opened the sample application Ordering, and substituted the process "CreateOrder" with a process "MyCreateOrder", that
contained of the same rules as CreateOrder:
- CREATE PurchaseOrder WITH PurchaseOrder.Customer=Customer
- VIEW PurchaseOrder

When saving the process, the folling messagebox appears "possibly wrong object identifier Customer is used
used in rule Create Order. Do you want to proceed....?

I changed the process CreateOrderforCustomer, so that "MyCreateOrder" is called instead of "CreateOrder".

After that, I tested the application. Actually I only created a process that did the same operations as the original process.

I clicked on "new order", selected the customer, I get the error "Operation error. Value of Customer must be provided"

No Order form is viewed.

What I want to say with this is, that it's not possible for me to create business objects that are related to another object.
But that can't be that difficult, that should be a basic functionality and should be implemented quickly.

Please let me know, where I made the mistakes.

Kind regards
Christian
aware_admin
Site Admin

Post by aware_admin »

Christian,

Most probably the reason is that the process MyCreateOrder you have created does not have object Customer specified as its input. A process needs a business object specified as its input so the object, in this case Customer, is available in the context for the process. This is why you are getting messages "possibly wrong object identifier Customer is used" and "Operation error. Value of Customer must be provided".

Please inspect process CreateOrder and note object Customer as the process input. If you make your process the same as CreateOrder it should work just as well.
ckirnbauer

Post by ckirnbauer »

Thank you very much for your quick reply. The problem was solved.