Appointments - Programatic Recurrence

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
PointsWell

Appointments - Programatic Recurrence

Post by PointsWell »

I'm trying to create Appointments programatically from another BO, specifically for Contact Birthdays.

Through a process of trial and error I have found that by creating an Appointment and setting Recurrence it creates an entry in Appointment.RecRule which defines the recurrence (e.g. FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=2;BYMONTHDAY=15)

However, when I then look at a calendar view of these system generated Appointments there is no Recurrence symbol showing on the instance. If I open this up and edit it using the Appointment form and set the recurrence then the symbol shows and it appears to register it appropriately as a recurring appointment.

Is this a bug or a limitation? And more importantly is there a work around?
PointsWell

Re: Appointments - Programatic Recurrence

Post by PointsWell »

Has anyone done anything with non manually generated Appointment objects with recurrence?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Create a simple BSV with just one appointment object. Create a recurrence for it using standard (non manual) approach. Look at the database and see what gets stored there. Then do the same thing manually, i.e. make sure that exactly the same info is stored in the database. This should work in theory.
Aware IM Support Team
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

The addition of

Code: Select all

+';WKST=SU'
is mandatory for Appointments recurrence it seems.

Will there be better documentation of the requirements for the RecRule attribute in V8?