Read Protect

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
pbrad

Read Protect

Post by pbrad »

Hi,
I have some fields that I would like to hide on a form based on certain parameters. I am using a ReadProtect rule that works when you have saved a record and then reopen it but does not work when you first create the record. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

Condition1: LoggedInEmployee.Division='Stoney Creek'

Action1: READ PROTECT RewireWorkOrder.RG6 FROM Technician
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This is a bug. A fix will be available in the next build. We'll post a message to this thread when the buils is available.
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Great thanks. Any idea on the timing? Also is there any update on the timing of this development from an earlier post:

1) We are going to implement an ability to add hyperlinks on forms to display URLs stored in object attributes. We will update this topic when the new functionality is available.

Thanks again,
Pete
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The fix to READ PROTECT has been implemented in build 896 that is available for download now.

Implementation of hypelinks will be available within a week or so.
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Excellent! Thanks very much. I really enjoy working with your company!
Pete
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Regarding hyperlinks on forms. In version 2.1 that has just been released we added support for DISPLAY URL action, so it is possible to define a process that calls this action. You can then call this process from either an HTML cell on a form or from the HTML code that you can add to the description of the attribute. The HTML can look like this:

<a href="updateEntity.do?actionMethod=startProcess&processName=GotoWebsite target="_blank">Go to</a>

This assumes that there is a GotoWebsite process defined that has the object whose form is being displayed as a parameter and that has the following action:

DISPLAY URL Object.Website
Aware IM Support Team