Refreshing Sibling Reference on a Form

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
customaware

Refreshing Sibling Reference on a Form

Post by customaware »

Imagine 3 BOs, A, B and C

A Owns Multiple B
A Owns Multiple C

Form of A has a reference Query table for B and another for C. Each are on their own Tab.

When the user adds a record to C via the C reference Query table, a process is called that "may" modify a record in the B BO.

The question is.... is there any way to refresh the form so that the reference Query table B on the B Tab is immediately updated?

I have tried all of the form refresh options for each BO and process but the sibling refernce table does not get refreshed unless the form is saved or the affected record in the B reference table is edited.
Cheers,
Mark
BenHayat

Re: Refreshing Sibling Reference on a Form

Post by BenHayat »

Mark, first question:

Is A relation to B & C, One-To-One (A <=>B,C) or One-To-Many?

Secondly, if you have a Shortcut in A that connects to B, that may force B to get refreshed, since it will be in Context.
customaware

Post by customaware »

Ben, as I wrote....
eagles9999 wrote: A Owns Multiple B
A Owns Multiple C
Hence A-B is 1:M and A-C is 1:M

B actually has a Peer single Reference to C that I insert during the process after the user adds a new C
Cheers,
Mark
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

Mark, what I do, is in the 3rd form (or any one), on the save button, tick "run process after save" and I have it just update a field in logged in regular user.

Then, the 1st form (or any form / grid) , can have auto refresh set to when that process runs!

Bruce
customaware

Post by customaware »

Thanx Bruce... but does not work.

I am directly updating the 'A' BO via the process and it's open form seems to refresh but not all of the Reference tabs
Cheers,
Mark
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

ah, sorry. I missed that they were on the same form. Yes, that seems to be an issue having a related query on the same form refresh.

I had a similar issue, where I have a form for BO-A. On one of the tabs on the form, I have 2 related queries. I had a process that would add records to one of them, but the other did NOT update. HOWEVER, when I moved that process to ONE of these queries (I put a button on it to call the same process), then it would update both of the related queries.

Does this make sense?

Bruce
customaware

Post by customaware »

No it doesn't Bruce...

Can you explain in a little more detail please. Or maybe a trivial demo?
Cheers,
Mark