Pivot grid (Pivot table) on roadmap?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
aware_support

Re: Pivot grid (Pivot table) on roadmap?

Post by aware_support »

Thank you for your kind words, everyone. It's not done yet, so it is too early to congratulate :)
It will be a massive job, but we are excited! This is long overdue.

Code: Select all

In MSFT VS, companies like yourself who needed IDE for their product, they would write Extensions using VSSDK and build VSIX as their custom extension. So, is the new direction based on the Eclipse IDE's Plugin? Which means we install Eclipse first and then install your plugin on the top of it?
It will be a "E4 application", which is technically implemented as an Eclipse plugin, but it will be a standalone application - you won't need Eclipse to run it. It will include the Eclipse runtime, though.
Aware IM Support Team
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

aware_support wrote: It will be a "E4 application", which is technically implemented as an Eclipse plugin, but it will be a standalone application - you won't need Eclipse to run it. It will include the Eclipse runtime, though.
This sounds fantastic Vlad. I've been thinking how massive this project is to re-write it again. The configurator is a huge and complex program to start with.

The best part is, we have the most capable man behind it... :D
THANK YOU again, for keep pushing the envelop. I personally take a lot of inspiration from Aware's development and what I can deliver next year...
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

V8 is Coming...

Squiffy

Post by Squiffy »

It's not done yet, so it is too early to congratulate
But it's never too early to get excited. Ask my kids around about August if they're looking forward to Christmas... :)
David Wylie
Server : Linux (Centos 7), Client : Windows 10, db : MariaDB
"...a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as my wife would have it, an idiot."
RentProperty

Post by RentProperty »

Oh my word... How did I miss this post. :-) Most exciting news ever!

I was literally shaking in my chair from excitement when I was reading this. It's gonna be so awesome to work in the new IDE. Thanks support. Really amped to see V8.

Will this mean we can do better version control and use GIT through eclipse, which will allow us to branch the code? And even more importantly... Will we be able to collaborate more seamlessly with other aware developers? or is that not implied even though it will be on the eclipse platform?

Reading this post made my day! AwareIM is awesome. Proud to be part of this community.
Hein Hanekom & Werner Hanekom
Sinov8.net
AwareIM Version 5.9 | 6.0 | 7.0 | 7.1 (Windows EC2 R2012 & MySQL)
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

Maybe I am the only one, but since I am using the community edition (free) version of Jasper which is a much fuller featured version of our current report writer, and since it is realativly easy to call a jasper report from within Aware, I would not be upset if there was no report writer included in Aware.

If we were negotiating (sort of like Trump with his "beautiful" trade deals), I would trade in the report writer for:

* Greatly improved inline editing function

* Not just a WYSIWYG Editor, but enhancements with HBoxs / VBoxes, Toolbars, etc. to make designing worldclass looking forms fast and easy

That, to me, seems like a good trade(deal)

Bruce
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

BLOMASKY wrote:Maybe I am the only one, but since I am using the community edition (free) version of Jasper which is a much fuller featured version of our current report writer, and since it is realativly easy to call a jasper report from within Aware, I would not be upset if there was no report writer included in Aware.

If we were negotiating (sort of like Trump with his "beautiful" trade deals), I would trade in the report writer for:

* Greatly improved inline editing function

* Not just a WYSIWYG Editor, but enhancements with HBoxs / VBoxes, Toolbars, etc. to make designing worldclass looking forms fast and easy

That, to me, seems like a good trade(deal)

Bruce
Would be great with a new report builder but for the love of god don´t take away the existing one if a new one isn´t implemented :D. No trade!!!!
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
tford

Post by tford »

Support -- back before 8.0, you confirmed Pivot Grid is on the road map.

Could you give us a clue when you might be thinking it will get implemented?

http://www.telerik.com/kendo-ui/pivotgrid

Thanks!
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

It's on the roadmap, but whether it will be in 8.1, I am not sure yet
Aware IM Support Team
weblike

Post by weblike »

aware_support wrote:It's on the roadmap, but whether it will be in 8.1, I am not sure yet
When do you estimate, 8.1 will be available?? :)
Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Hopefully around January-February
Aware IM Support Team
tford

Post by tford »

Thanks support!
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
weblike

Post by weblike »

aware_support wrote:Hopefully around January-February
Thank you support.
This make me ask the second question :) (I'm sure I'm not the only one)
What features will include 8.1?
Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

aware_support wrote:Hopefully around January-February
It's hard for me to hide my passion for Aware, so I want to add my last two cents to shed some light or help 8.1 to shape in.

You can't avoid noticing (at least as a contractor looking for jobs) that more and more companies switching to REST service for a specific situations.
Building apps like the way Aware does currently will be around for a while. This is where most internal and registered users use the app on regular basis.
But what lots of companies are doing, is to extend their reach to other systems or other types of Mobiles by offering their data "SECURELY" via REST service to expose their system. Just offering an Unsecured REST service has no value to the developer. It's like you sell a house but has no locks and wide open. No one is going to buy that house.

Aware needs a full scale and secure way to expose an app via REST service, so companies can use Aware as a complete solution to build app and REST Service. THIS IS THE FUTURE OF AwareIM.

I humbly request that Aware's team, do this feature the right way, so it will meet the REST standards.
Thanks!
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Its the FESTival for the RESTofus........ "costanzo"
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL