Updating Records

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Hubertus

Updating Records

Post by Hubertus »

I have a BO Master and another BO Child. Children are displayed as a table of items in the BO Master with inline editing turned on.
Now I make changes to a textfield in Master.
After that I add a Child using a process.
When the process returns, the Child has been added but the changes to Master are lost. And yes, I need a process in order to select the desired items.

Is there any way to avoid this - or to explicitly save Master's changes from inside the process ?

Thanks a lot,
Hubertus
Hubertus

Post by Hubertus »

and concerning http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=885 I don't get any warning.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The only way to avoid this at the moment is to warn the user. So we need to know why you are not getting any warnings. Do you modify only one field and then click on the process button while the focus is still on the text field? Also what type of a text field is it - an ordinary text field or a text area?
Aware IM Support Team
Hubertus

Post by Hubertus »

Thanks for you quick reply !
Now that you mentioned it - when changing a "normal" text field then the user gets warned.
But when making changes to a "text area" no warning is issued.
I'm using build 882

Hubertus
Hubertus

Post by Hubertus »

Seems my brain is somehow slow today - I'm not able to write everything into one thread :roll:

It makes no difference if the curser is moved to another field before starting the process or not.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This is some weird bug with IE (not sure about other browsers) - it does not send onchange event for the textarea control. The only workaround is to modify the JSP file of the fiorm to use onblur event. Open the JSP file corresponding to your form in the AwareIM/Tomcat/webapps directory. Search for the name of the text area control. You will find something like:

<forms:textarea ... onchange="...." ...
Replace onchange with onblur. After this Aware IM should give the warning.
Aware IM Support Team
Hubertus

Post by Hubertus »

Doesn't seem to work here on linux with firefox but I'm not sure if my changes came through - is there a required order for making this work ?
Do I have to make these changes everytime I test/publish a version ?

What I did:
1.) Business space is loaded and locked
2.) Shutdown Configuration tool
3.) make changes
4.) start configuration tool
5.) test version - doesn't work
6.) changes are still there (in the file)
7.) lock business space version for editing
8.) changes to the file are gone

Thanks
Hubertus
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You do have to re-apply the changes to the JSP when a new version is published. Therefore, I suggest you only do this change after your configuration is finalized.

If you want to check how it works, find the JSP, apply the change, open any form different from the one you changed and then go back to the form you changed. This will force Aware IM to re-compile the JSP and pick up your changes. Check if the changes work.
Aware IM Support Team
Hubertus

Post by Hubertus »

EXCELLENT - Thanks a lot !!