Logged in Users

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
denisv

Logged in Users

Post by denisv »

I am trying to get to a point were I can see logged in users, I know this in itself is not availbale yet but can you advise if the following is possible:

a) Have a Business object called LoggedInUsers
b) For Login Notification Run a Create entry to add an instance to the LoggedInUser BO
c) For a Logout notification deleted the entry in the LoggedInUsers in table
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Yes, this should work fine. We hope to add automatic functionality to do this in the next version.
Aware IM Support Team
autonomy2

Post by autonomy2 »

Hi Support.

In regards to this post created by denisv, has this functionality been implemented into Aware?

I am aware of the handling login / logout events built into Aware IM, but I also need the ability to view who is currently logged into the system.

Also, if a user forgets to log out of the system or simply closes the web browser without formally logging off, how would the system handle this event or would a rule need to be created to handle session timeouts?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

In regards to this post created by denisv, has this functionality been implemented into Aware?
Not yet

I am aware of the handling login / logout events built into Aware IM, but I also need the ability to view who is currently logged into the system.

You can easily add this functionality yourself along the lines of denisv's suggestion.

Also, if a user forgets to log out of the system or simply closes the web browser without formally logging off, how would the system handle this event or would a rule need to be created to handle session timeouts?

Aware IM server will logout the session automatically after a timeout irrespective of what the browser does (in a way Aware IM server duplicates the browser timeout functionality). So when this timeout occurs the LogoutNotification will be sent as usual, which means that you don't need any special rules to handle the timeout.
Aware IM Support Team
tford

Post by tford »

Can you explain difference between firing times:

1- When LoginAttemptNotification is received
2- When LoginAttemptNotification is created

Sorry it's not intuitive to me & I'm having a problem with double records being created in an attempt to track Login Attempts that failed.

Tom
tford

Post by tford »

I'm using the following as a "When LoginNotification is received" rule:

CREATE UsersCurrentlyOnline WITH UsersCurrentlyOnline.IpAddress=LoginNotification.RemoteAddress,UsersCurrentlyOnline.Name=LoginNotification.LoginName,UsersCurrentlyOnline.Time=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,UsersCurrentlyOnline.AccessLevelName=SystemUser.AccessLevel

When saving the rule, I receive warning: Possibly wrong object identifier SystemUser is uses in path SystemUser.AccessLevel in rule .....

The rule then captures all other attributes, but not the Access Level of the loggin in user.

What am I doing wrong? :?

Thanks,
Tom
tford

Post by tford »

I found the problem -- SystemUser.AccessLevel should have been LoggedInSystemUser.AccessLevel

Still hoping for a a question to the post about firing of LoginAttemptNotification though.

Tom
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

LoginAttempt notification is fired when the user makes an unsuccessful attempt to login. The creation rules are executed when the notification is being created - these rules are useful if you want to initialize the parameters of the notification. If you want to handle this notification you will need to provide "when notification is received" rules - these will be executed when the notification is received by the Aware IM system.
Aware IM Support Team
tford

Post by tford »

Thanks -- can you give an example of when creation rules would be used to "initialize the parameters of the notification".

Tom
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

IF Notification.Attribute IS UNDEFINED THEN Notification.Attribute='Initial value'

This rule can be more complex, obviously.
Aware IM Support Team