Save record

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
pbrad

Save record

Post by pbrad »

Hi,
I have a couple of forms that have operations assigned to them that require the 'Save' button to be clicked on before the operation is run or the changes to the form are lost. Is there an instruction that I can set in the operation that automatically saves the record before it runs the rest of the operation? Right now, I am having to put a text line at the bottom of the form telling the user to save the record before applying the operation and this seems sloppy.
Thanks,
Pete
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Aware IM is supposed to warn the user automatically if he makes changes to the form and then tries to run the operation. Doesn't it do it for you? What's the type of the operation?
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Yes, it does warn the user that they will lose the changes unless they save the record first. What I would like to do is to incorporate the save function into the operation so that they don't get that warning. Is there any way to do that?
Thanks
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

No, not at the moment.
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Okay thanks. As a workaround, I have scrapped the operation idea and created an attribute called 'Action' with the dropdown choice being the same text as the old operation. Then when the record is saved it runs the process if the attribute was changed to that text.
Cheers