Remove heading from Grid?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BLOMASKY

Remove heading from Grid?

Post by BLOMASKY »

Next question, can I have a grid with NO heading row?

Thanks
Bruce
Squiffy

Re: Remove heading from Grid?

Post by Squiffy »

I'm going to risk answering a question. Cheeky, I know. I've only been here a month, so be kind if I've misunderstood!

I had some 1-n related data showing on a form. I went to the presentation section for the "owned attribute" for the form, then the hamburger button, then the Panel Header option. The bottom radio button is "No Header".

That removed it for me.

It also did something odd - there was a header before I did this, yet the Panel Header editing window had the "No Header" option pre-selected on display. Surely that should have been set to the actual value?
David Wylie
Server : Linux (Centos 7), Client : Windows 10, db : MariaDB
"...a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as my wife would have it, an idiot."
johntalbott

Post by johntalbott »

BLOMASKY wrote:Next question, can I have a grid with NO heading row?

Thanks
Bruce
I assume you mean the column headers. I'm not sure there is a way via the config tool. But it be done with a script or CSS.

Hide column headers of a SPECIFIC grid

Script - Put this in the Render Script
$(".k-grid .k-grid-header").hide();

OR

CSS - Custom class
.k-grid .k-header k-myhiddenclass {
display: none;
}

Then assign your custom class to the grid via script.

Hide column headers for ALL grids.

CSS
.k-grid .k-header {
display: none;
}
VocalDay Solutions - Agility - Predictability - Quality

We specialize in enabling business through the innovative use of technology.

AwareIM app with beautiful UI/UX - https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfUrrVeB3t
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

Thank you!

Worked like a charm, of course.

Perhaps, someday, perhaps, I should learn JQuery. but with so many other fun stuff on my plate, I am just glad we have a few "scripting" experts here. (Remind me to at least buy you a supersized happy meal @ the next user group meeting!
Squiffy

Post by Squiffy »

Just out of curiosity - did you try my way through the config tool?

I'm genuinely curious to know if I misunderstood the question :)
David Wylie
"...a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as my wife would have it, an idiot."
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The Config. Tool can remove the "panel header" for the entire grid, not the "column headers" inside the grid itself. These can only be hidden by a script for now.
Aware IM Support Team
Squiffy

Post by Squiffy »

Ah I see. I did misunderstand..oops.
David Wylie
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The next build will have a number of improvements. One of them will hopefully be the ability to hide column headers without a script (and also style column headers - alignment, font, background color)
Aware IM Support Team
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

aware_support wrote:The next build will have a number of improvements. One of them will hopefully be the ability to hide column headers without a script (and also style column headers - alignment, font, background color)
I'm already in love with the next build with all these new enhancements.
Thank you support for these constant improvements.
johntalbott

Post by johntalbott »

aware_support wrote:The next build will have a number of improvements. One of them will hopefully be the ability to hide column headers without a script (and also style column headers - alignment, font, background color)
I'm all for improvements, but I'm interested in understanding how these items are prioritized. While there may be a bit of a learning curve (a more comprehensive programmer's reference would help), items like this can be handled with a script. Many of which are a couple of lines long.

I would rather see AwareSoft focus on bigger fish such as ...

-hybrid mobile with full PhoneGap/Cordova integration
-database - referential integrity, consistent table names between dev/test, prod databases
-ability to consume RESTful APIs (JSON, oData, etc) without having to build one-off plugins
-improvements with install packages/process ... 64bit install package, not overwriting custom JS folder and other configuration settings
-a "real" multi-developer environment
-improvements to make the configuration tool more user friendly
VocalDay Solutions - Agility - Predictability - Quality

We specialize in enabling business through the innovative use of technology.

AwareIM app with beautiful UI/UX - https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfUrrVeB3t
pureist

Post by pureist »

I'd say, John, that it's reasonable there be a consistent trickle of enhancements (which don't take very long to incorporate, but which make an impression on a large group of users, ie. less-technical users) along the way to the bigger milestone enhancements, such as those you mention, being released.
This would seem like a reasonable marketing process, following the 80/20 principle.. in that you can make an impression on 80% of users by adding enhancements which take 20% of the time.
I'm sure the bigger enhancements.. the 20% which take 80% of the time, will come.
But as you say, some kind of 'roadmap' would help all users, prospective and existing.
johntalbott wrote:
I'm all for improvements, but I'm interested in understanding how these items are prioritized. While there may be a bit of a learning curve (a more comprehensive programmer's reference would help), items like this can be handled with a script. Many of which are a couple of lines long.
I would rather see AwareSoft focus on bigger fish such as ...
-hybrid mobile with full PhoneGap/Cordova integration
-database - referential integrity, consistent table names between dev/test, prod databases
-ability to consume RESTful APIs (JSON, oData, etc) without having to build one-off plugins
-improvements with install packages/process ... 64bit install package, not overwriting custom JS folder and other configuration settings
-a "real" multi-developer environment
-improvements to make the configuration tool more user friendly
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

A balance is ideal i think i.e. big hairy new stuff AND various small improvements here and there even if they can be done via scripts. One of the "problems" over the lasts couple of years have been that Awaresoft has focused mostly on implementing the most basic version of a lot of new features and then continuing to add additional new basic features without finetuning and improving the already implemented basic features (i.e. the basic features could include A LOT of additional options, enhancements etc. etc. that would improve the use of the feature). Don´t get me wrong. I love the development of Aware and new features coming in every version but do appriciate the focus on the smaller things like improvements as well. Thx
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
tford

Post by tford »

A balance is ideal i think i.e. big hairy new stuff AND various small improvements here and there even if they can be done via scripts.
I agree 100% with this.

In the last couple of years, when support has a pretty clear idea exactly which big enhancements will be included in the next version, they have published a bullet point list. Personally I appreciate that when they DO decide to publish the list, both the enhancements to be included in the next version and a ball park release date are pretty darn accurate.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

There is now an option to hide column headers in build 2171. No script is required any more.
Aware IM Support Team