Anyway to Stop/Kill a process w/o using Report Error?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BenHayat

Anyway to Stop/Kill a process w/o using Report Error?

Post by BenHayat »

Based on certain conditions, I want to stop/kill a process silently without using Report Error. Is there a way to do so?
Thanks in advance!

Note to Support;
Using Report Error with empty string gives Java error.

Code: Select all

Report Error ''
kklosson

Re: Anyway to Stop/Kill a process w/o using Report Error?

Post by kklosson »

Have you looked at failure rules? It presumes there is a failure but you ought to be able to get your result.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

kklosson wrote:Have you looked at failure rules? It presumes there is a failure but you ought to be able to get your result.
Failure rules are used (almost the opposite of what I need) to actually continue the execution, even if REPORT ERROR was called. This type of rule allows a safe continuation.

What I'm really looking for, is something like
If A<3 then Stop
Or if a
SEARCH_COUNT=0, Then Stop
inside of one of my process rules, to end the process.
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

Can you not use If/Then logic to proceed or not proceed?
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

kklosson wrote:Can you not use If/Then logic to proceed or not proceed?
As each step of the process goes forward, I have to do certain validations to branch off to other sub processes, and at some cases, one of the outcome of those "If" conditions, might be halting the process and not going forward to the next step.
So, Using "If/Then" is mandatory to proceed through validations.

I'm very surprised Aware doesn't have a "Stop" function/action. Seems like REPORT ERROR is the only way, but I want to do it silently.
bkonia

Post by bkonia »

I would like this as well. Something like CANCEL PROCESS to cancel a process in a rule, if some condition occurs. I don't want to use REPORT ERROR because I want to redirect the user to a different VP.
Brad S Konia
Hostland
https://www.hostland.com
tford

Post by tford »

Hi Brad,
I don't want to use REPORT ERROR because I want to redirect the user to a different VP.
I'm assuming you mean you want to not only redirect the user to a different VP, but to also not execute the additional steps of a process. You could use a conditional CHANGE PERSPECTIVE otherwise.

Perhaps one way to solve your dilemma short of being able to stop a process if to break the process into multiple processes. Process_1 would call either Process_1a or Process_1b depending on a conditional rule.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

tford wrote:Hi Brad,
Perhaps one way to solve your dilemma short of being able to stop a process if to break the process into multiple processes. Process_1 would call either Process_1a or Process_1b depending on a conditional rule.
I agree with Tom; Regardless of the tool, it's a better way to program it this way. And allows easy expansion for future.
bkonia

Post by bkonia »

Yes , you're essentially simulating a nested IF. It's too bad Aware IM doesn't support nested conditions within a process, as that would greatly simplify this and many other aspects as well.
Brad S Konia
Hostland
https://www.hostland.com