Aware IM form factor

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
lighthorse

Aware IM form factor

Post by lighthorse »

All of the samples have a very consistent layout with the nav panel to the left, and the submenu items. Is this layout inherent to Aware IM at this time? I know there is a lot of flexibility in general, just curious about the overall layout. Could one create a layout like, say, www.basecamphq.com uses (the app part of that site, not the front page)? I've read the caveats to developers that note Aware IM does not neccessarily offer complete freedome of design. It's understandable that there are constraints...and I'm aware that the upcoming release will offer even more customization options for forms etc, but what about the basic form factor?
lighthorse

Post by lighthorse »

I should have mentioned, I actually like the Aware IM layout that is shown in the sample applications quite a bit.

Wonder if edits could be turned on for this forum, it'd give me a chance to remedy typos like 'freedome' above.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Well, the default Aware IM approach to a screen layout is: banner, footer, main page, horizontal and/or vertical menu on the left, left page and right page. Each of the layout components is optional.

Of course, you can create your own custom layouts - for example, create a custom menu. This is fine, but requires more work on your part as you are bypassing conveniences offered by Aware IM automatically.
Aware IM Support Team