Unable To Persist Process Contect Error

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
john

Unable To Persist Process Contect Error

Post by john »

Hi

We are at the stage now where we are just about ready to go live with are system. I have just started getting the following error when trying to login:

"Internal error. Unable to persist process context A lock could not be obtained within the time requested"

I have re-started all of the services and it seemed to run fine again, then it happened again a few hours later.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards
John
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

1) What is the build number you are using?
2) What is the database you are using?
3) When exactly does the problem happen? During login or during some other operation?
4) What is the Aware IM server output?
Aware IM Support Team
john

Post by john »

Hi

Thanks so much for the speedy reply

1) I am currently using build 863, I have downloaded the latest version but not got round to installing it yet.

2) I am using the Derby Database

3) The problem occurred after some test data had been input into the system. A user tried to log back in and nothing happened for a while until finally she was presented with the error. I think she started to notice problems when two people logged into the system at the same time (Different user accounts) and tried to input some data. Not sure if that is relevant because I have never had problems during my testing.

I first noticed the problem yesterday when I was doing some work in the configuration tool (installed on a seperate machine) which crashed all of a sudden. I had to end the task. Not sure however if the problem was caused by the crash, or the crash was caused by the problem (if that makes sense!).

4) I will email the server output to [email protected] as it doesn't really make that much sense to me. It pretty much just repeats the error

Best Regards
John
john

Post by john »

Hi

Thanks so much for the speedy reply

1) I am currently using build 863, I have downloaded the latest version but not got round to installing it yet.

2) I am using the Derby Database

3) The problem occurred after some test data had been input into the system. A user tried to log back in and nothing happened for a while until finally she was presented with the error. I think she started to notice problems when two people logged into the system at the same time (Different user accounts) and tried to input some data. Not sure if that is relevant because I have never had problems during my testing.

I first noticed the problem yesterday when I was doing some work in the configuration tool (installed on a seperate machine) which crashed all of a sudden. I had to end the task. Not sure however if the problem was caused by the crash, or the crash was caused by the problem (if that makes sense!).

4) I will email the server output to [email protected] as it doesn't really make that much sense to me. It pretty much just repeats the error

Best Regards
John
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

There were a few concurrency issues resolved in one of the later builds. Could you please download the latest build and check if the problem goes away.
Aware IM Support Team