Deployment Options

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
pbrad

Deployment Options

Post by pbrad »

Hi,
I am currently exploring a couple of deployment options for a business space that is working perfectly under the normal login method.

The first option that I am looking at is to embed a form into a notification email where the recipient can enter their username and password into the form in the email and on submit open up a browser window and already be logged in. The problem that I am having is that when I log in as a non-admin user type from the email, the banner frame loads but in the main frame, I get the error: "Session may have timed out. Please logon again.". When I log in as admin, Again the banner frame loads properly but in the main frame I just get a black screen although the text box "Please select the required operation from the menu" does show up.

The second option that I am trying to make work is to embed an awareim application inside an existing website by adding a page to the website that is a frameset, setting the top frame to 1 pixel high and setting the target of the bottom frame to the login screen of the business space. The login screen loads into the frame with no problems but I encounter exactly the same problem as in Option 1 above.

I have tried to do the same thing with a different business space so I don't believe that the problem is with the business space. Is there something inherently wrong in what I am trying to achieve or is there a better way of going about it. I am not too bothered about getting option 1 to work as I can provide a link in the email to the login screen, I just thought that the email form was pretty slick. But I would really like to be able to seamlessly include awareim apps into other website on other servers and make it look like it is part of the site. I thought that a frameset was the solution, perhaps there is another way?
Thanks,
Pete
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Option 1 should work provided that the HTML in your e-mail is correct. Could you attach this HTML here or send it to [email protected]? Maybe there is something wrong in your URL or something else.

Option 2 will not work because Aware IM already uses frames so you cannot embed it as is into the existing page with frames. There are several alternatives here:
1) Provide a link to the Aware IM logon screen on your web site. When a user clicks on this link Aware IM will take over the entire screen. You can make banner/footer/left page/right page of the Aware IM application look like the other pages of your web site.
2) Same as 1) but user name and password are entered on your web site.
3) Try IFRAME tag inside any page on your web site:
<IFRAME src="http://localhost:8080/AwareIM/logon.jsp" width="100%" height="100%" >
This will embed the entire Aware IM application into the page.
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Ok great, I have forwarded you the email to try out. With respect to option 2, I thought that might be the case. I will try the iframe solution and report back to you.
Thanks,
Pete
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

I tried the iframe solution and got the same result. The main frame is still blacked out. I am wondering if it could be some kind of timeout issue? It works fine when I login using http://mydomain.com:8088/AwareIM/logonO ... inessspace
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

There is something specific to your machine. The IFRAME solution should work. We also tried your e-mail and it works fine!!

Can you send us the output of Tomcat and Aware IM server when you get this blackout?

We saw a blackout problem once - this was caused when the network name of a server used the underscore symbol (some weird Windows problem). Maybe the problem is again in the name of your server. I noticed it is using dot in the middle. Can you try to remove this dot?
Aware IM Support Team