Kendo - ThemeBuilder - Usage

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
kenlyle

Kendo - ThemeBuilder - Usage

Post by kenlyle »

I am working on an application, and selected BlueOpal as the primary theme.
However, I want to override the Top Bar background, the id "BAS_FRAME_top_bar". In order to get my chosen background color there, I had to manually deactivate about 5 background colors that were set by Kendo in the next div down, id "aw_menu_top_bar".

I wasn't able to see anything in ThemeBuilder that seemed to impact on the TopBar. I think that my next move is to create a custom theme. My first thought is that I want to start from "None", but it seems like it should be better to start from one of the existing themes.

Has anyone gotten as far as creating a custom theme, and feel like writing a quick tutorial? For example, when I created a folder under AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\AwareIM\KendoUI\styles, that folder name didn't appear as a theme in the Configurator, so I must have missed something.

And, Ben's idea about a simple Import routine seems good, although it may be as simple as unzipping the Kendo download correctly, so a wizard probably isn't necessary.