Aware IM version 7.0 (beta)

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
weblike

Re: Aware IM version 7.0 (beta)

Post by weblike »

Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Thank you. You too!
Aware IM Support Team
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

Sharing some tips in converting V6 app to V7:

So far:
1) I had to shorten 63 attribute names in my objects. Aware complained about being too long.

2) Several object names are now reserved like Feedback, Ticket. Notes, User and etc. Had to change all those.

3) Looks like we can no longer use <Span></Span> in menu items. And I have ton of those in all my VPs. I need to go change those before moving on...
customaware

Post by customaware »

Hi Ben,

couple of comments.....

1) I suspect the shortening of Attribute Names is a Derby issue rather than a change in Aware Functionality.
2) Not aware of this....
3) Be careful before you change all your <span>s. I am sure they still work. you are using them just to apply a css class so shouldn't be an issue.
Check that your styles.css is loading..... You dont need to load it in the startup.html any more. You only need to place it in the Custom/CSS folder
Cheers,
Mark
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

eagles9999 wrote:Hi Ben,
3) Be careful before you change all your <span>s. I am sure they still work. you are using them just to apply a css class so shouldn't be an issue.
Check that your styles.css is loading..... You dont need to load it in the startup.html any more. You only need to place it in the Custom/CSS folder

Basically, any menu item text cannot have any HTML tag in them anymore. Just tested it with explicit CSS style too.
Powerm

Post by Powerm »

"1) I had to shorten 63 attribute names in my objects. Aware complained about being too long."

I have seen my people using long names ( ie "NewAppointmentCreatorAdmin" ) it is always a good option to keep it short as possible, for programming comfort and for database restriction reasons.
Independent Developer
BenHayat

V7 Mobile Navigation

Post by BenHayat »

Sharing info...

The navigation system in V7 Mobile system is so much more superior now. Resolves problems when going deep :
Form ► Process,
then from Process ► Query,
then from Query ► Form
then Form ► Process

Then properly stepping backwards to original form.

Thanks Support!
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The third beta version is now available. Apart from fixes it has support for user defined import and export templates features that has been now ported from version 6.0

Thank you for all your help so far!
Aware IM Support Team
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

aware_support wrote:The third beta version is now available. Apart from fixes it has support for user defined import and export templates features that has been now ported from version 6.0

Support, so far I had been running V7 on a separate machine than my Dev machine. But now I just installed it on my dev machine.
On my dev I'm running V6 Aware/Tomact as "Service" and not from Control Panel. My question is: Can I keep my service going (Aware V6 server running) and then use V7 from Control Panel? Another words when V7 runs, it's going to run V7 Aware Server, will it conflict with V6 Service Server? What's the recommendation?
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

BenHayat wrote:
aware_support wrote:The third beta version is now available. Apart from fixes it has support for user defined import and export templates features that has been now ported from version 6.0

Support, so far I had been running V7 on a separate machine than my Dev machine. But now I just installed it on my dev machine.
On my dev I'm running V6 Aware/Tomact as "Service" and not from Control Panel. My question is: Can I keep my service going (Aware V6 server running) and then use V7 from Control Panel? Another words when V7 runs, it's going to run V7 Aware Server, will it conflict with V6 Service Server? What's the recommendation?
Nope, can't run both at the same time. Have to shut down the service first... Live & Learn. :D
customaware

Post by customaware »

And make sure you use a different installation folder and database.
Cheers,
Mark
chris29

Post by chris29 »

Hi Ben, I haven't had any issues yet running both on the same server, just need to make sure the ports are different in V7 beta for Aware and tomcat and have a different db.
Version 8.5 - Windows using MySql 8 and SQL Server - 64bit
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

chris29 wrote:Hi Ben, I haven't had any issues yet running both on the same server, just need to make sure the ports are different in V7 beta for Aware and tomcat and have a different db.
Thanks Cris;
Yes, I figured it out.
mrbdrm

Post by mrbdrm »

is the beta getting updated? or it's a single version for now?
weblike

Post by weblike »

mrbdrm wrote:is the beta getting updated? or it's a single version for now?
It's already the third version...
Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42