Office to PDF - speed up

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
weblike

Re: Office to PDF - speed up

Post by weblike »

BenHayat wrote:Gorge, even when I use MS Word to convert a Word file to PDF, I notice it takes a long time. I think it has something to do with PDF conversion system.
About MS Word to PDF..well, I think though that the MS word it's taking more time to be created than the PDF. The MS Office engine takes too long..

From html to PDF is almost instant->1,5 seconds.
From Word to PDF is 8-10 seconds.

I'll keep reading about this and let you know if I find anything... I'm sure I'll find because I'm digging the net :)

Nice day, Ben.
Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

weblike wrote:Hi Gabbitas,

Thank you for the reply.
I have tried that, too. Initially I have used 7PDF as convertor, but now I need to combine different files: .docx, doc, html, pdf and seems that PDFCombinePROX does that.. I'm testing it right now...

If you have better solution, please share :)

thx.
George,
I am using 7PDF and it crashed today (1st time). Have you experienced this before using 7PDF? (and should I keep using it or look at another tool?).

Thanks
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

eagles9999 wrote:If you need to add special characters like a double quote to a string.....

Create a text Attribute in SystemSettings. For example SystemSettings.DQ

Run the app and Edit SystemSettings and enter a " in that attribute.

From then one the Rule is..

....PDFCombineProx.exe C:\Folder1\ C:\Dest.PDF -HeadText'+SystemSettings.DQ+'[page] of [count]'+SystemSettings.DQ+' -HeadAlign Center'
A tip for you guys. It is possible to use HTML entities instead of the SystemSettings option. When you need to add " to a string add the following:
"
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)