Mobile Time Dropdown

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Markfre1

Mobile Time Dropdown

Post by Markfre1 »

In the Desktop you can just 'Check' display time separately and have an interval. We know this doesn't work in moible.

In mobile we have to define a separate timestamp field for just the time. The problem is that dropdown does not work unless you define it as a Static list. I have tried setting up a time file, and trying to access it via a query from the time drop down, but queries do not work. Using hh:mm a. If use fule dd/mm/yy hh: etc, get calendar. Tried every angle. The only way to get it to work was to define the timestamp time hh:mm a field as a Static field. Which worked fine but.....

The problem is since I need the entire 24 hour clock, 5:00am 5:01am for user to pick time, it would be a 1000+ static fields. Again, In the Desktop you can just 'Check' display time separately and have an interval.

Basically I have a Transaction file with a Date and Time Attribute. Time was TimeStamp. Query does not work. Even tried making it a Text attribute and calling query of separate Time file but dropdown doesn't display.

In summary, I need a way to have a separate time, and a dropdown so the user could select it, and do not want to use a static dropdown. One last note. If I have a customer who records billing time in various increments, I can have a Time object that would be populated with time in 15 minute intervals. So we can populate a time file based on customers.

Vlad has an approach with two fields, date time stamp, Time as text, and combine the two. But his statement is vague where he says:

"The idea is that whenever you have time that needs to be specified in the mobile version, you introduce a special Text attribute called TimeString, for example.The attribute has a selection of time values (same values that the desktop version has for times). You can copy and paste this attribute in all objects where you need it. "

When he say selection of time values, does he mean its Static fields? If so, I had this method done a week ago and only complicates the problem.

I would appreciate your feedback on this will be needed for many users doing time on mobile.

Thanks,

Mark