** Aware and Business Intelligence (BI) **

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BenHayat

** Aware and Business Intelligence (BI) **

Post by BenHayat »

I was just talking to a prospect that once the data are captured by let's say an Aware developed application, their main focus is to produce BI material to publish.

Question is, has anyone integrated any sort of BI tools or techniques along side or within Aware application?
Any thoughts or comments.

Thanks!
kklosson

Re: ** Aware and Business Intelligence (BI) **

Post by kklosson »

The concept of most BI tools is to take the date off line, such as to a data warehouse, and summarize it in ways that make it easy to query and get the results you need. Typically, the BI tool has no interaction with the transactional application. For the sake of the database, it's generally better to have some sort of copy or extract of the database for these chores which are query intensive. Databases such as MySQL can be configured for OLAP or OLTP depending on the use, but mixing of these functions is generally not a good idea unless your BI needs are very basic and can be delivered using standard graphs and queries. There are many good BI tools out there - most are expensive. But check out Tableau, which I think is open source or has a community edition.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
intra

Post by intra »

My recommendation would be to use Pentaho.

I have been using Pentaho for a little while now and im rather impressed with its features.
Avid Linux user....
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

Thank you guys. Could you please check out this thread that follows this discussion and give your comments please?

http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7739

Thanks!