HTML Banner Question

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
john

HTML Banner Question

Post by john »

Hi

I was just wondering if it is possible to change a HTML document after it has been imported to replace the banner or does it become part of the whole page (and un-editable)?

The reason I ask is because we had the idea of using this space to transmit messages to are clients when they login (as we will hopefully have a lot using the system). This way we wouldn't have to create a new version of the system every time we wanted to change a message

I was thinking that if the html document is just uploaded to some location on the server it could just be opened and edited at our leisure?

I hope my question makes sense. I only have a fairly rudimentary understanding of how this all works but I am competent enough with html, hence the idea.

Thanks
John
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You can export the HTML page back to your disk, edit it and then re-import it back. You will have to publish the version again, though.

Alternatively you can edit the HTML directly on disk - it is stored under AwareIM/Tomcat/webapps/AwareIM/Header_Your business_space_name. The file has .jsp extension but it is basically an HTML file that you can edit and the application will automatically pick up the changes. You will lose the changes, though, if you publish a new version. If you don't want to lose them use the first method.
Aware IM Support Team
john

Post by john »

Hi

Thanks for that, I will bear that in mind. That could prove very useful

Regards
John